Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Interview with Kendall Grey

Kendall Grey


What's your favorite restaurant/style of food?

My favorite restaurant is a vegetarian place in Athens, Georgia called The Grit. They have the best tofu! My fave kind of food is probably Indian or Mediterranean. YUM!


If one song could be the soundtrack to your life, what would it be?

“Control” by POE - http://grooveshark.com/s/Control/2pqJ5w?src=5


If money were no object, what's one thing you'd buy?

A yacht on Maui so I could watch whales any time I wanted.

Best coffee table book? 

Among Giants by Flip Nicklin. My friend/PA Debi Krupa gave it to me. I love it so much!




What's your favorite way to spend lazy Sundays?

Sewing or watching movies with my family.

Where do you look for an obscure source of inspiration?

Sometimes I troll Google Images to get character ideas. If I find a model I really love, I stalk the hell out of them and save pics for inspiration when I’m writing.
Favorite writing spot?

I have several: Kitchen table, tread mill desk, big red chair, sometimes my bed. I actually have an office with a desk and nice chair, but I never use it. There’s too much crap in there. DOH!
Chris Hemsworth or Liam Hemworth?

Chris. 100% Chris. *Dies*






Most memorable book event?
Authors in the City in New York this year was probably the most memorable. I felt like an awkward, socially challenged princess wearing a crooked crown, but a princess nonetheless. The line at my table blew me away, and the readers were SO amazing. I won some awards too. The whole weekend just took my breath away. I’ll never forget it!

Coolest person you ever met ((famous person or fellow author)).

Neil Gaiman was pretty cool. I met him 20-something years ago when he was still writing Sandman. That’s one of the best comic book series ever written. 

What pushed you to decide to publish? Were you nervous? Why or why not?

I had a story I had to share with the world, so there was never any doubt I should publish. I wasn’t nervous the first time. I should have been. Since pubbing that first book, I've learned to be nervous. You never know what you’re gonna get when you hit the button, but it’s usually something you don’t expect.

Mentors?

My friend Erin Grace helped me a ton with my first book. I don’t really have any other mentors.

Do you normally write with music in the background? Does it fit the mood of the scenes you are writing?

No music for me. I’m one of those people who can’t concentrate if there’s noise. I can’t have music, people talking, or any other noise that might distract me while I write. I have sensory integration issues, which makes it really hard for me to ignore background noise. I hear EVERYTHING. 

How far do you go to research for your books?

HAHA! If you mean, have I tried any of the activities my erotica characters have enacted, the answer is … maybe a couple. HA! But only a couple, and not any of the CRAZY ones. :-) Sometimes, I pose my husband so I can see if a position will actually work. He doesn’t seem to mind. HA!

What was your favorite book to write?

Probably STRINGS. It was my rebel book. My "fuck you" to the world. I quit giving a shit when I wrote that book, and it turned out to be my most popular one. The one I just finished is probably a close second place.

Do you have a favorite character? Was it based of someone you actually know?

I have a few. Sinnder from the JUST BREATHE series is a delicious, sneaky bastard with lots of secrets. Of all the characters I created, he’s the hottest, and not just because he’s a Fyre Elemental. :-)


 I also love Keahilani from HOT-BLOODED because she’s a total alpha female badass who takes shit from NO ONE.


And of course, I adore Letty Dillinger from STRINGS. Probably because she’s the fictional version of me. :-)



¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•


Chicago~2014
Kendall Grey has fastly become a Diva favorite. She's honest and just awesome to talk to, her reader interaction is just amazing, and so is she.!! And I gotta say, Sinnder is one of my faves too!!! *fans face* 

Stalk her anytime, she likes that shit!



Kendall Grey is the self-appointed past, present, and future president of the Authors Behaving Badly Club. A whale warrior and indie freedom fighter, she spends summers in the corner (usually with a dunce cap on her head) and winters hunched at the peak of Mt. Trouble, fiery pens of fury (complete with invisible ink) flying across the pages. She has a big set of cajones, and she's not afraid to use them. In her spare time, Kendall speaks your mind so you don't have to.

FACEBOOK | GOODREADS | AMAZON | TWITTER

Also, Don't forget to check out her new works!

LOVE NOTES AMAZON US

LOVE NOTES AMAZON UK
LOVE NOTES AMAZON CANADA
LOVE NOTES AMAZON AUSTRALIA
LOVE NOTES B&N
LOVE NOTES iTUNES
LOVE NOTES KOBO

Pre-Order up!
SKIP TO THE GOODS PARTS VOL.2 AMZ US


No comments:

Post a Comment