Tuesday, August 4, 2015

 
Review The Paper Swan by Leylah Attar
Standalone
Release Date 08-04-15
 
 
 
 
Synopsis

"Intense, gritty, and full of heart."

They say it takes 21 days to form a habit. They lie. For 21 days she held on. But on Day 22, she would have given anything for the sweet slumber of death. Because on Day 22, she realizes that her only way out means certain death for one of the two men she loves.

A haunting tale of passion, loss, and redemption, The Paper Swan is a darkly intense yet heartwarming love story, textured with grit, intrigue, and suspense. A full-length, standalone novel, intended for mature audiences due to violence, sex and language. Subject matter may be disturbing for some readers. Please note: this is not a love triangle.

Buy Links
 
 
 
 
*ARC received from the author*4.5 stars

This is my first Leylah Attar book and I really enjoyed it. The author uses words beautifully, and paints a very vivid picture of the setting and events. It made you feel as if you were watching it unfold rather than reading it.

I went into the book completely blind, other than the blurb stating no love triangle I didn’t know what to expect. The story follows Skye Sedgewick, the daughter of a wealthy businessman and her captor Damian. If you love stories with anti-heroes, revenge, secrets, passion, suspense, love, and redemption you will love this story. The story is told in past and present and follows Damian’s story and Skye’s. It is really haunting and heartbreakingly sad especially for our anti-hero. My only slight struggle was I felt a little disconnect with the H/h as a couple. I am not sure if it was the time frame or how the ending tied up. It is the only reason this isn’t a 5 star for me and it is still a fantastic story.

I hesitate to say much about the book because I think you should go in blind like I did. I can say that Skye is strong, smart, filled with love, and has suffered her own deep loss. Damian is our anger filled anti-hero who has been dealt a shitty hand and lost so much he can’t see that he could have a beautiful future.

The prologue will grab you right away and the story will keep you guessing. Although I figured out pretty quick what kind of choice Skye was going to have to make the story kept me riveted. I didn’t see a lot of events that took place coming and I was shocked at the turn it took. The Paper Swan is a beautiful tale of love and redemption, you definitely won’t be disappointed.
 
 
AUTHOR BIO
 


Leylah Attar writes stories about love - shaken, stirred and served with a twist. When she's not writing, she can be found pursuing her other passions: photography, food, family and travel. Sometimes she disappears into the black hole of the internet, but can usually be enticed out with chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment