Saturday, April 18, 2015

Review Pocketful of Sand by M. Leighton





Title: Pocketful of Sand
Author: M. Leighton
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: March 15th 2015


Synopsis

“She’s beauty for my ashes. And I’m hope for her heartache.”—Cole Danzer.

I don’t know what makes a great love story. Is it that instant attraction when boy meets girl? The passionate kisses and the fairy-tale ending? Or is it a lifetime of tragedy, paid in advance, for a few stolen moments of pure bliss? The pain and the suffering that, in the end, you can say are worth it for having found the missing piece of your soul?

The answer is: I don’t know. I don’t know what makes a great love story. I only know what makes my love story. I only know that finding Cole when I did, when Emmy and I were running from a nightmare, was the only thing that saved me. That saved us. He was more broken than I was, but somehow we took each other’s shattered pieces and made a whole. If that is what makes a great love story, if that is what makes an epic romance, then mine…ours is the greatest of them all.

**Contains material that some may find disturbing. Not intended for readers under the age of 18**




Buy Links

Kobo 


Author Bio


I was born and raised in the United States, and I’ve lived in several of the fabulous fifty. Though I currently live in the deep South, I spent much of my childhood up North and hope to return there one day. A few other things about me: I believe that sometimes you have to look really, REALLY hard to find the good in people, but it's there. I believe that I'm shrinking (I swear five years ago I was two inches taller). I believe my husband is quite possibly one of the most amazing men in the entire world (I can't be sure because I haven't met all of them). I believe coffee and chocolate, when combined, could be the basis for world peace. I believe that Jesus rocks and communism doesn’t. I believe that white makes me look fat and black collects lint. I believe summer's too hot, winter's too cold and fall was made for football. I like dogs better than cats and the first movie in a trilogy is invariably the best. But most of all, I believe that love conquers all.

Blog 


Books by M. Leighton

The Bad Boys Series

 Down to Me
Up to You
Everything for Us
A Davenport Christmas
Always With You --- TBA


The Wild Ones Series

The Wild Ones
Wild Child
Some Like It Wild
There's Wild, Then There's You


Pretty Series

All the Pretty Lies
All the Pretty Poses 
All Things Pretty


Blood Like Poison Series

For the Love of a Vampire
Destined for a Vampire
To Kill an Angel
Bo


Madly Series

Madly
Madly and Wolfhardt
Madly and the Jackal


Tall, Dark, and Dangerous

Strong Enough --- COMING SOON
Tough Enough --- COMING SOON





*staring blankly into space*

Whoa.

I love Ms. Leighton's writing. I love her Bad Boys series - Cash and Nash, sigh - and I was looking forward to this one, since I knew it was different. One could feel that from the teasers. In the mean time, I was also scared. What if I didn't like it? What if I hated it? But I guess I was more afraid of actually loving it; of liking it and being crushed by it.

Verdict: I liked it. A lot. But you see, all the while, I could feel like something was missing. I couldn't pinpoint it, or put my finger on it. I simply felt it. While the story is heartbreaking, it's good and full of feels. Both of our characters are broken, in their own way, they find each other and... well, this is where it gets tricky. I don't want to give anything away - I apologize, in advance, for making it vague - but for once, I choose the cliffhanger. I don't choose the HEA because I simply didn't feel it. And, at the very end of it all, it clicked. Why I didn't feel it.

That is why I choose to give this book 4 1/2 stars - due to the ending - instead of 3, as I originally intended - because I didn't 'feel' it. I can't believe the day of me choosing a cliffhanger over a HEA came, but there you go. I need more, I can't wait for more.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment