Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Three Pages to the Wind: Episode 1: Devil’s Kiss by Ella Frank

Three Pages to the wind: Episode 1


Devil’s Kiss by Ella Frank

What do you do when the one you least expect to matter…



Ends up mattering the most?



Derek Pearson likes to think he’s an easygoing guy. Uncomplicated, upfront, and unapologetic with what he wants. His what you see is what you get attitude is on prominent display for anyone who cares to look, and his foul mouth is right there to back it up should you miss the point.

However, what you see isn’t always what you get, and only a select few have ever glimpsed the real man under the brash exterior.

Among them? Professor Jordan Devaney. Complicated, high-maintenance, and vibrant, he’s Derek’s opposite in every way. From the moment they saw each other, a love-hate relationship began.

But what happens when one person wants more?





I wanted to start this review thing where I write drunken reviews. I have been thinking about doing it forever, and just never seemed to get the chance to. Well, I put my foot down  finally and threw that shot glass back and said "to hell with it, let’s do this sh*t!"

Welcome to my very first drunken review. I am sure there will be typos and the like. But, I’m drunk, so I don’t care, HA!

I have chosen the book Devil’s Kiss by Ella Frank because, well, It’'s a super gorgeous Sunday and, why not?


Today I am drinking beer from a local brewery. It is Eastside Dark Lager by Lakefront Brewery, MKE. If you are not from Wisconsin and have a store with an awesome craft brew section, then I am sure you can find this. I highly recommend it, Its dark, but not thick like Guinness.

Anyways, back to the book. 


Devil’s Kiss by Ella Frank was a complete surprise.  In book one, Finley, you get to meet Professor Devaney, aka Jordan, and Finn’s best friend, *goes to look at book because she is having a brain fart*, and Derek Pearson. 



Derek is this huge “muscle head” who you assume is this big “bad boy”. Man, is that so stereotypical? 



Jordan? don’t get me started on him.

 In book one i thought he was this HUGE diva. 
Book one, you knew there was something going on, and me personally, I kind of thought Derek was some sort of “daddy” to Jordan. You know, big muscle guy taking care of his “boy” ((ps I love that sh*t)). So I was super excited to read book 2, in hopes that that is what was happening


Maaaan, that couldn’t have been further from the truth. And I was totally OK with that

This book starts basically in the same “decade” as Finley.

This is the similarities between the two books. They run around the same times, hopping between past and present ((which totally floats my boat)) and the fact that both these boys have fallen for their professors? 
On top of the emotional whiplash that happens in both books. One minute you’re biting your nails hoping they unf*ck their shit, and the next you’re breathing a sigh of relief. But, this is where the similarities end. None of these characters are the same in ANY way.





What was I doing? oh yeah...

I ended up LOVING Jacob. Was he  spoiled brat? Yes. He even admits it, but it’s in the way he delivers it all and carries himself that you can’t help but love him. Basically, he’s the quirky light to Derek’s life.

Derek is an anomaly as well. Coming from a horrible background, he’s determined to be so much more than his family. He does what he does in spite of everyone and he dares you to doubt him.

Find what makes you work the hardest, and dare yourself to make a difference”




It’s something you as a reader will fall in love with as well as Jordan. He was Jordan’s “challenge” and what a challenge he was.

Even their bedroom preferences will throw you off. And I find that to be the most endearing and probably one of my favorite things about this book. Basically, expect the unexpected and stereotypes, because they aren’t here.


So, buckle yourself in for this emotional rollercoaster full of surprises, and enjoy the ride.

Oh, and P.S I am really hoping book 3 is Dylan.I am VERY curious about him…but not before Thanos *cough, Ella, cough*


4.5 “I’ll Always Answer” stars






AMAZON Universal - myBook.to/devilskiss

★Devil’s Kiss will be $3.99 for the first week and then go to the regular price of $4.99

No comments:

Post a Comment