Sunday, July 17, 2016

Five Reasons You Should Totally Read The Play by Karinna Halle





This book was my #1 read for 2015, so of course I'd give you reasons to read it!


#1. Our hero, Lachlan McGregor. Our big, bad and broody Scottish rugby player. He's a broken and tormented man; he keeps his distance from everyone because of his demons. But underneath all of that gruff exterior, he has a heart of gold. He's a big softy. 

#2. Our heroine. Kayla is my kind of girl. She's independent, driven and doesn't give up. She wants something, she gets it. And when she gets Lachlan, of course that she wants to keep him! What girl in her right mind wouldn't? But of course it's not that easy and she's forced to do so.

This leads me to...

#3. Story line. I loved that Ms. Halle took her time with these characters. There was no rush as she pulled us into the story, but it also wasn't dragged out unnecessarily with drama. The story takes place in both the US and Scotland. Oh, reading about the second part made my heart go crazy! Plus, the many feels in this book... They slayed me.

#4. The inspiration, the muse for Ms. Halle's Lachlan was the awesome Tom Hardy, who's not only a talented actor, but he's also a big softy. Read the book and you'll see what I mean!

#5. There's a sequel novella that is just so damn hot! Of course it's full of all of the feels and it also hints at what's next, so I advise you only read Winter Wishes AFTER you've read The Play. And c'mon, I know you want to read The Play, if you haven't already! Would be a shame to pass it on. Big, bad and bearded Scottish rugby player, remember? Mhmmm.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment