Sunday, October 20, 2013

Reservation (Preservation 2)




A sequel to the Amazon bestselling romance, Preservation, told from Ryan’s point of view.

Old Habits Die Hard.

Ryan Campbell is not only leaving his title of Professor behind to move on to bigger and better things at Simon and Warden Publishing, he’s also become Seattle’s rising literary star. Sitting on the overwhelming cusp of new-found fame, he learns soon enough that being popular has its downside.

Attracted to the buzz surrounding his new career, former lovers begin to creep back into his life, and potential ones emerge with enticing advances. While he works to juggle reserved, yet stressful, wedding plans with Kate and his new public image, he has enough to manage without worrying about Carter and Dean—Kate’s loveable albeit eccentric friends—and their latest shenanigans.

Surrounded by a lifestyle that includes temptation at every turn, Ryan finds himself immersed in a world full of scandal and lies, where his oldest weaknesses thrive and his ghosts return to haunt him. Questioning whether his life with Kate is his best path, he must discover if he’s still capable of being the man he aspired to be when she first became his, or if happily ever after is only an illusion.




"My need for control, the bondage of my past, and any reservation I'd ever had drifted and dissipated, healed by the woman beneath me and the brave love she willingly laid at the altar-a love that stuck around, even when it had no reason to, other then its blind, hopeful faith"

What a great follow up to Preservation.

Book one they were unsure and were "preserving themselves". In the follow up they tried to let go, but in the face of the public attention with Ryan's book deal and his publicist making him famous, the media was throwing all their dirt at them. They had to face the ultimate act of trust. 



Danny, Ryan's publicist was pure slime and I didn't like him from the get go. Why Ryan even agreed in the first place is beyond me. Also, I'll admit I really thought things were sketchy on Kate's end for a bit there. I won't say too much because I don't want to spoil it. Ryan broke my heart. I was there with him through the whole story.

Carter's choices also had me a bit sad, but I can't wait to unfold his story in book 3, Declaration. 



all in all I loved this book. Rachael' s writing is only getting better. I definitely recommend this series.  


I give this a 4 star review.

No comments:

Post a Comment