Tuesday, January 7, 2014

RAW by Belle Aurora


RAW buy links
Kindle US
Kindle UK
Kindle CA
Kindle AU
Nook
Kobo


Blurb
***Author Note: This is not a love story. This is a story of love gone wrong.*** 

Growing up the way I did, you’d think I’d be more screwed up than what I actually am. 
Soon as I turned sixteen, I left that bump in the road I called home and took my chances on the street. 
Best decision I ever made. 
Now, at the age of twenty six, I’m educated, employed and damn good at my job. 
My friends have become my family. Like me, they know what it’s like to grow up unloved. 
But the saying is true. 
The world makes way for those who know where they are going. 
That’s me. 
I know where I’m going and I’ll get there eventually. On my own terms and at my own pace. 
But then there’s him. 
I feel his eyes on me. I see him hiding in plain sight. He watches me. 
He makes me feel. 
It’s unconventional. 
But it’s real. 

I’m sure you’re wondering how a person falls in love with their stalker. 
So am I. 

This isn’t a story. 

This is my life. 

***This book includes situations that some may find uncomfortable.



Review
RAW appears to be a stand alone.  I say appears because it had an open ending and many are demanding for the story to continue.  Did I like the ending?  Yes.  I felt the story came full circle.  We were back to the beginning.  I want to say more here, but I'm trying to make this a spoiler free review.  I just had to delete my whole explanation because it gave the ending away.  Anyways do I need another book?  No.  Would I read more if another book came out?  Yes.  A future book would have many possibilities, continuing the story from the end point, going back to fill in the backgrounds, going parallel to join in the other interesting characters' lives more, skipping way forward into the future, or all of the above.  Or the author could finish with this one awesomely lickable single slice.

The Dedication gives us an idea about what's going to happen.

To anyone who has ever loved unconditionally.
To all the people who have loved someone that did not deserve it.
And finally, to every person who has followed their heart down the path less travelled.
This is for you.


Alexa had a rough time growing up, crappy home life, shit for parents, and so on.  She reformed her life, grew up, and decided to help others (kids with troubled backgrounds).  She considers certain kids her pseudo children.  Also she is watched from afar by Twitch her silent stalker (thus far).


"You feeling uncomfortable?"  I immediately nod.  Squeezing my ass once more, he places his lips at the shell of my ear.  "Good.  Get used to it.  Because I'm going to do bad things to you."

Alexa classifies Twitch as a sociopath.  Everyone who knows me knows I love psychology so I love Twitch and have to elaborate.  The technical psychological term is Antisocial Personality Disorder.  The person with it shows a pattern of high levels of aggression without empathy for their victims or guilt for their actions.  Lets face it, that sounds like a lot of assholes you know, but what is different is that someone with ASPD literally has no conscience (and there is no cure).  With many psychological disorders, the right medication corrects the illness, but with ASPD no such luck.  That doesn't mean it's all bad-just never let your guard down because there is no rhyme for the reason, no guidebook to follow.

"Not everyone can be a fairy-tale hero."  He pauses a moment, then adds, "The world needs villains too."















These two yummy quote pics are teasers from the author and just too awesome not to share.





One thing that really stood out and I couldn't get with was the one hit of a joint and two lines of coke lead in and outcome.  I couldn't picture the character going into that situation to begin with, and unless it was laced with something or the person was allergic, what happened after is just not possible.  If it would have been alcohol and ecstasy, it would have made total sense, every bit of it.  That's all the negative I have to say.

I really, really liked this book.  It was full of funny little add ins, especially Alexa's internal monologue.
"This boy has lost his mind.  We best be leavin' now."

I love the type of humor the book contained.  The writing was amazing.  A-Maz-Ing. The story was original.  The guy was HAF!

"Number three, you're so fucking hot when you get worked up that I would really like for you to suck my cock.  And when I say I would really like that, I mean suck my cock, Lexi.  Now."

I consider it muy excelente and definitely my kind of book.  I want to read more books like it.  I wanna kiss it and hug it and stalk it from across the street (smile).

Belle Aurora Author links
Goodreads
Facebook
Twitter

Related Post
Please check out
Diva Discussions Book Club review of Raw by Stephanie


toni





No comments:

Post a Comment