Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Driven Series by K. Bromberg





Rather than write an individual review for each book in this series, I've opted to write one that covers the entire series.

This started out with a bang, which is what I like in any good book. Whether it's part of a series or a stand alone. I liked the wittiness of the characters who essentially started making out in the first couple of chapters by mistake after one was trapped in a storage closet!

(Note to self: I need to locate more storage closets with broken locks.)

Rylee, the main female character in the series, is a counselor at an all boys foster home and works for an agency that is trying to build a new center/house for the ever increasing demand that these young men are in need of. Colton is an alpha hottie race car driver, emotionally tormented from years of sexual abuse in his youth, and a mother that found the only use for him was trade so she could get her next fix. As I got farther into this story in the first book (Driven) I started to get feelings reminiscent of Fifty Shades of Grey and my first reaction was RUN! RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN! (I hated FSOG). But me being me I decided I had to at least finish the book and found that (PHEW!) it wasn't a rendition of FSOG. Then there was the HUGE cliffhanger at the end, so me being me again couldn't not know what happened next. And so this went on into book two (Fueled) with yet another screaming cliffhanger. Next thing I know I'm reading book three (Crashed) and I know I have to finish the series. I don't want to give any spoilers away about the story so I will just give you some advice and personal reflections instead.

1) If you start this series, make sure you have all three books available.

2) There's a lot of things that seem to get rehashed over and over within these covers. I found myself asking "Again?" a few times during this series.

3) Prepare yourself to want to kill a characters ex-girlfriend like you've never wanted to kill another human being in your life!


Personally, I felt there was a bit of "drag" that went on in this series. The author could've moved the story on quicker and had it all wrapped up in a nice little package of two longer books rather than three. But it is what it is. I was considering not finishing the series after book one, but as I moved into book two I realized I'd made the right choice sticking it out and I'm happy I finished them. It was emotional, heart breaking, and even humorous in a few spots. I'd recommend reading, but be sure to have a Kleenex around juuust in case. ;-)







No comments:

Post a Comment