Friday, April 11, 2014

Veiled Innocence by Ella Frank



Veiled Innocence
Ella Frank





Tick, tick, tock.

Time.

That’s all I have now.

A small room, a photograph, and time.

They want me to trust them and confess my sins.

They told me they wouldn't judge me—they lied.

I thought we could convince the world that this wasn't a crime.

We were wrong.

Time doesn't stand still.

The clock keeps ticking, the world is unconvinced, and now…

Now he is gone.




I am the author of the Exquisite Series, Blind Obsession & Try. I’m a happily married woman, and mother to a crazy cat, and I love creating stories revolving around complex relationships.Currently I reside in the Southern portion of the United States of America.
Let me see if I can give you ten facts about myself….
1. I am first a foremost a wife.
2. I am a cat person at heart but do also love BIG dogs (small ones scare me ;)
3. I love, love, LOOOOVE caramel – on pretty much anything.
4. My car is called Betty – she is amazing !
5. I am known to those close to me as a Pelican :)
6. I love to eat!!!!!!!
7. I hate to work out :-( But my husband is wonderful at dragging me to spinning classes.
8. I love to travel just about anywhere – I really would like to go to Ireland and Scotland.
9. I love to write ALL the time whenever I get the chance – and even when I am probably not supposed to ;)
10. I AM A HUGE HUGE READER!!!!!! I LOVE TO READ :)








Reviewed by:




When I started this book I knew nothing about it, just that the h was kinda stalkerish, I had no idea what kind of a roller coaster i was about to get on!? Right from the start I knew it was going to be crazy good and all you want to do is quickly read the page and find out what's going to happen next.

Addison is a stalker (well sorta, more a girl who is determined to get what she wants in a stalker kinda way lol) that I want to be friends with. She for sure knows her way to be sexy, yet go unnoticed when it's important (hence a good stalker) I absolutely loved Addy off the bat, who doesn't like a girl who likes attention!?! She's girl who is kinda creepy and determined, at least in the beginning.


As I started to get into the book it reminded me of one of my favorite movies, I won't name it since when you get further in, it's so not lol, but it also started to flip back and fourth from past to present and then from Addison to Mr Mckendrick ;) I thought at first oh great I'm going to be lost and have no clue what's going on here, lucky for me that ssssoooooooo was not the case. Wheeeew!!!!!!!!!


The plot twists and turns are fantastic. It truly keeps you on edge just wanting to know more. I want to say more but any other little detail would give major parts away, and this one you want the suspense and the whole saying "what no, noooo, what the hell was that"



This is a must read so Tick. Tick. Tock what are you waiting for.........


 


Ella, you have completely f*cked with my head. Just when I think I had it figured out, something else happens. I really love the past/present views, it really added to the story. It was very layered and twisty and one helluvah ride. I think my first impression was "this book is f*cked up" lol. Of course, for me, that is a GOOD thing.


Tick, tick, tock...

"Perfectly, imperfect"

That’s our Addison, perfect on the outside, broken on the inside. At first I thought I wasn't going to like her. She seemed like a spoiled, conceded, rich girl. They say never to judge a book by its cover, and isn't that the truth? Coming to find the truth, really made me connect more with her. 

Grayson, What can I say about this man besides *swooooon*
He tries so, so hard to resist little Addy, but he never stood a chance, poor fella! 





Just the other day I was saying I have about a top 5 character I love to hate, Addy's parents have just made that list. If I could reach in and strangle them, I would have. But Doc? Oh, the saving grace that is Doc. I love his character....LOVE it tell ya!! 

I won’t spoil this story or give away the ending, but I will tell you, if you like a good coercion and a lot of twists to the plot, you'll love this book! 

I have read Ella's m/m (which is the book that made me convert for awhile) and have been hoarding the Exquisite series in my library for awhile now, and now this book. I have become a true believer and supporter of this author and will be jumping to get my greedy hand on more things Ella.


I give this book a 4.5






First off, I love this book.  The entire time I was reading it, I was kept guessing.  I never knew which direction the story was turning.

Addison, prior to the events in this story, has undergone a Traumatic Event Personality Change which presents with Perfectionism and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.  She must maintain control at all times. Despite gripping reality with all her might, she feels out of control and crazy...until she meets Mr. McKendrick.

Nighttime was my time, a time where I could imagine whatever I wanted, and that night, I imagined my teacher.

Once again, he'd silenced the madness.

Grayson, who's just moved back to town because of his ailing father, teaches senior history.  He isn't thrilled about being stuck in a classroom, preferring to travel the world taking photographs.  

Addison comes at him full force, and despite his best efforts to resist her attempts, he finally can no longer fight it.

Addison Lancaster.  Ingénue or Siren?

"You are going to ruin me."
"You're going to save me."


This book is deep with symbolism and full of quote-worthy lines.  I could write an entire review just using my highlights.  It's written in past and present times and his and her points of view.  And as I said before, you really, truly have no idea the course in which the story is headed until you get to the end.  This book is for those who like psychology, forbidden romance and metaphors.  

I'd had that once, during the blind acceptance of youth, until one shattering moment ripped it all away to reveal it was nothing but veiled innocence. 

Can Addy and Grayson survive each other?

"I never said I was perfect.  But come on, then.  Everyone else has taken a turn at it—destroy me."

"This, what we're doing?  It won't end well, it can't."

"A one-way ticket, huh?  Leaving it up to fate?  I like that."


5 ticking stars


***ARC was given by author for an honest review***












No comments:

Post a Comment