Sunday, October 18, 2015

Review The Air He Breathes, Elements series by Brittainy C Cherry





Title: The Air He Breathes
Author: Brittainy C Cherry
Series: Elements
Release Date: September 25th 2015


Synopsis

I was warned about Tristan Cole.

“Stay away from him,” people said.
“He’s cruel.”
“He’s cold.”
“He’s damaged.”

It’s easy to judge a man because of his past. To look at Tristan and see a monster.

But I couldn’t do that. I had to accept the wreckage that lived inside of him because it also lived inside of me.

We were both empty.
We were both looking for something else. Something more.
We both wanted to put together the shattered pieces of our yesterdays.

Then perhaps we could finally remember how to breathe.



Buy Link



Review

"No soulmate leaves the world alone; they always take a piece of their other half along with them."

Be ready to get teary-eyed at this one! Both main characters have went through some heartbreaking things. They both lost important parts of themselves.

After Tristan lost his heart and soul, he moved away, for a fresh start. Or ran away. Whichever you prefer. His next door neighbor was Elizabeth - Lizzie - who had also lost her heart, her other half. She too had moved away, back in with her mother, to make it easier but it wasn't. So, she moved back home, hard as it was, and met Tristan. The way they met wasn't the best, and Tristan showed his rude, asshole side from the beginning of the story. This may put off some, it only made me curious to get beneath that rude exterior of his, because I just knew we'd strike gold. And I was right.

"People in town called him an asshole, and I could see why. He wasn't nice, he wasn't stable, and he was broken in all of the wrong and right places, but I couldn't blame him for his coldness."

Things between them may not start off the right way, their desire to still feel something, dreaming of lost loved ones, but it becomes so much more! I think there's the right amount of drama in it. The right amount of everything, really. We have funny parts - Lizzie's best friend is a hoot, we have the heartbreaking ones, hot ones, too.

Lizzie and Tristan need to overcome a lot to be together, not necessarily physical obstacles, but emotional ones. And when they get there... The ending is THE sweetest, it got me smiling and teary-eyed.

So, I decided to rate it 4 - 4.5 stars. Oh, and Tristan has made it onto my BBF list. Because really, "That Mr. Darcy must have done some crazy shit to Elizabeth's body."

And!

"But as long as air moves in and out of my lungs," - his tongue danced against the edge of my panties - "as long as I breathe, I will fight for you. I will fight for us."

How can you not love him?


Author Info

Brittainy C Cherry lives in the US. She's the author of several books, such as Loving Mr. Daniels, Art & Soul, The Space in Between and the recently released, The Air He Breathes.




by Iza  

No comments:

Post a Comment