Friday, November 4, 2016

Review~~ DIRTY by Belle Aurora


My marriage seemed perfect from the outside looking in.
People envied me. They wanted my life, wanted to be me.

Mrs Alejandra Gambino. 
Wife of Dino Gambino. Daughter of Eduardo Castillo.
Respected. Loved. Mob royalty.

They had no idea of the horrors that lurked behind closed doors.
They didn't know I was at the lowest point a person could reach.

Enter Julius Carter.
Aloof, handsome, blue-eyed Julius Carter.

He saved me.
I screwed him over.

Now everybody was after me. My life was forfeit.
It was only a matter of time. I was a dead woman walking.

The question was, who would get to me first?



4 Raw & Dirty Stars

Oh, how I've waited for more from these groups of characters. This book primarly focuses on Julius Carter (Twitch's best friend) and Alejandra "Ana". That being said, we got lots of glimpses of our beloved Twitch.

Julius is back in the States, working essentially as the "Law" for mobsters. He's judge, jury and executioner (if need be). He's called to the family home of Eduardo Castillo to judge an accusation of murder of Eduardo's son-in-law Miguel, by his other son-in-law, Dino, who happens to be Ana's husband. Ana has suffered years of abuse at the hands of Dino (and his brother, Gio), which she has hidden quite well; but when the opportunity to break free presents itself, she does what she has to in order to save herself.

Julius is furious when he learns of Ana's deception, but after a short amount of time spent with her, he can tell that there's more than meets the eye with her and her dash for freedom. He eventually discovers the entire truth and takes steps to protect Ana as best he can. Ana surprised me with how resilient and strong she was. The last few years have been a nightmare for her, but she doesn't put that blame on anyone but those responsible.

Ling.....oh, Ling; she pissed me off quite often in Raw and lemme tell ya, I actually think she's worse in this book. I think Ling has a bit of a psychotic, possessive personality and she blames Ana for everything that happens, much like she blamed Lexi in Raw. However, in this book, she takes it waaaayyyy to far and I think she'll regret the day that she crossed Julius Carter. She tends to over-react, and in this instance, her errors will cost her everything....at least I hope so.

Twitch....the glimpses we got were fantastic. He's trying to work his way back to his family, and in order to do so safely, need to help take down some of his former alliances. He's doesn't make it easy on himself, but he keeps thinking of AJ and really want to make it back to his son before he gets much older. I liked the interconnection between Twitch and Julius' storylines, and I hope that is more fully explored in the future.

Overall, I think this was a great addition to the Raw family and I can't wait to see where the author takes us next (hint, hint....make sure to read all 3 epilogues!).

No comments:

Post a Comment