Sunday, November 20, 2016

Review The Strongest Steel, Second Circle Tattoos series by Scarlett Cole





Title: The Strongest Steel
Author: Scarlett Cole
Series: Second Circle Tattoos
Release Date: July 7th 2016



Synopsis

Harper Connelly never expected to find herself outside of a tattoo parlor at one in the morning, summoning the nerve to take back her past. She's determined to forget her old life and is looking for an artist who can tattoo over the scars on her back.

Trent Andrews, local legend and owner of the Second Circle tattoo studio, has his own reasons for specializing in inking over scars. And in spite of her mysterious past and the difficult road ahead, he quickly realizes that Harper is funny, smart, and--under her ridiculously oversized clothing and SPF 100 sunscreen--totally hot. He's happy to take on the challenge of designing a meaningful and deadly full-back tattoo for her.

But when cryptic messages start appearing on Harper's phone, strange deliveries arrive at her door, and Second Circle is vandalized, Harper is convinced that her ex-boyfriend has tracked her down, and worse, that he knows about Trent. Running was the only thing that saved her last time, but now that she's started to put down roots in Miami, she'll have to decide if she can finally fight back instead.
  



Buy Links



Review by Iza

I have to say, without knowing, I left the best for last. No, wait. To be honest, it's hard to decide which book I love most, which character is the nearest and dearest to my heart. It's a tie between Dred and Trent. Used to be Cujo but he's been dethroned. 

Okay, so reading the others before, I already knew what happened. No, it didn't bother me, it made me more curious about the relationship between Trent and Harper. How they came together, how they manage to fight Harper's demons and overcome every hurdle. 

I loved the comparisons made to Dante's Divine Comedy - it's one of my favorite books. I loved how the author took her time in getting the main characters together; it wasn't drawn out but realistic. Given the things Harper has been through, she needed time to get used to human touch, to trust someone with herself, not just her heart. It's way too easy to fall for Trent, I wouldn't have blamed her had she fallen sooner for him.

But then, it wouldn't have been as realistic, as good as it is with their relationship being more slow burn. 
I loved the banter between Drea and Cujo; I loved Dred making his first appearance in the series with this book. 

I loved this book. Period. I highly recommend the entire series, it's a really good one, and I can't wait for the spin-off!

5 stars. 


Author Bio

 

Two-time RITA finalist, Scarlett Cole, is a contemporary romantic suspense / contemporary romance author (represented by Beth Phelan at The Bent Agency). Author of the Second Circle Tattoos Series. The Strongest Steel was a Best Debut Goodreads Author Finalist 2015, and Authors on the Air Global Radio Network #1 Contemporary Romance Pick for 2015.

When Scarlett isn't writing, she spends her time reading, hoarding mason jars, and working out to off-set an epic sour candy habit. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment