Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Books I am anxiously awaiting for!





So, it's already August. We're nearing the end of it, really!

But that only makes me happy because there are a few books I am anxiously awaiting for!


***These are in random order, really***



Title: Prince Lestat
Author: Anne Rice
Series: The Vampire Chronicles
Release Date: October 28th 2014

Synopsis

The novel opens with the vampire world in crisis…vampires have been proliferating out of control; burnings have commenced all over the world, huge massacres similar to those carried out by Akasha in The Queen of the Damned…Old vampires, roused from slumber in the earth are doing the bidding of a Voice commanding that they indiscriminately burn vampire-mavericks in cities from Paris and Mumbai to Hong Kong, Kyoto, and San Francisco.

As the novel moves from present-day New York and the West Coast to ancient Egypt, fourth century Carthage, 14th-century Rome, the Venice of the Renaissance, the worlds and beings of all the Vampire Chronicles-Louis de Pointe du Lac; the eternally young Armand, whose face is that of a Boticelli angel; Mekare and Maharet, Pandora and Flavius; David Talbot, vampire and ultimate fixer from the secret Talamasca; and Marius, the true Child of the Millennia; along with all the other new seductive, supernatural creatures-come together in this large, luxuriant, fiercely ambitious novel to ultimately rise up and seek out who-or what-the Voice is, and to discover the secret of what it desires and why…

And, at the book's center, the seemingly absent, curiously missing hero-wanderer, the dazzling, dangerous rebel-outlaw-the great hope of the Undead, the dazzling Prince Lestat…



Now this baby, right here, is something I honestly never thought would happen. I thought Anne Rice stopped writing about her vampires more than a decade ago and that's that. That would be the last we heard of Lestat, Marius, Armand, David, Louis etc etc. 
Imagine my surprise - and major squealing - when she announced that she wrote another book to this legendary series. I really cannot wait to read more about Marius de Romanus - he's among my very favorite vampires - and see how they all fare now, in this time and age. This series is very near and dear to me, because it got me into reading. I'd sneak-read the books under my bench, in classes. Those were the days...

The Vampire Chronicles:

#1 Interview with the Vampire
#2 The Vampire Lestat
#3 The Queen of the Damned 
#4 The Tale of the Body Thief
#5 Memnoch the Devil
#6 The Vampire Armand
#7 Merrick
#8 Blood and Gold
#9 Blackwood Farm
#10 Blood Canticle



Title: The Darkest Touch
Author: Gena Showalter
Series: Lords of the Underworld
Release Date: November 25th 2014

Synopsis

Fierce immortal warrior. Host to the demon of Disease. Torin’s every touch causes sickness and death—and a worldwide plague. Carnal pleasure is utterly forbidden, and though he has always overcome temptation with an iron will, his control is about to shatter.

She is Keeley Cael. The Red Queen. When the powerful beauty with shocking vulnerabilities escapes from a centuries-long imprisonment, the desire that simmers between her and Torin is scorching. His touch could mean the end for her, but resisting her is the hardest battle he’s ever fought—and the only battle he fears he can’t win.



The Lords of the Underworld series is one that fed my continuous hunger for paranormal novels. Fell in love with Gena and her Lords from the very first book, the very first chapter. It not only fed my hunger for the paranormal, but it also fed the love I have for mythology, especially Greek mythology. The way this amazing author brought so many mythological facts and characters to life, brought them to the 21st century is worthy of applause. And she added a twist of her own to the Pandora's Box legend, and thus, her Lords were born.
It's so hard waiting for a new Lord book, year after year, but the wait is always worth it. And now, FINALLY, it's Torin's turn. I'm also dying to see what William is up to. Fingers crossed I get his book next year!

**There's a spin-off series called Angels of the Dark and the Lords make short appearances, here and there. I highly recommend both series.**

Lords of the Underworld

#1 The Darkest Night
#2 The Darkest Kiss
#3 The Darkest Pleasure
#4 The Darkest Whisper
#5 The Darkest Passion
#6 The Darkest Lie
#7 The Darkest Secret
#8 The Darkest Surrender
#9 The Darkest Seduction
#10 The Darkest Craving



Title: Locke
Author: Harper Sloan
Series: Corps Security
Release Date: TBA

Synopsis

Darkness is the only thing I see. Ever since the day my life changed. The day that everything and everyone I held close to me ceased to exist. The day I lost it all and the demons of my past consumed my every waking moment.

I tried to keep others at arm’s length. Tried not to let my darkness taint them. Ruin them. Harm them. And whether I want to admit it or not, as much as I wish I could keep them locked out, they refuse to leave. Refuse to let me suffer alone.

If I hadn’t been so focused on keeping those demons from flying free, I wouldn’t have missed how one perfect angel was able to sneak her way under my skin—refusing to let go. Making me want things I don’t deserve.

She consumes me. Her beauty knows no end. The love she promises temps me every time she’s near. But that pure heart that makes her MY Emmy is the one thing I’m convinced I’ll destroy if I ever let her close.

I’m a broken man. A broken man with too much darkness in his soul to ever let her light shine upon me. But even that doesn’t stop me from craving her with every single breath in my body.



This book is my most highly anticipated book of 2014. Yes, I know I am anxiously awaiting for Prince Lestat and The Darkest Touch but this baby? Oh, this baby is one of my #1's, he's right at the top of my BBF list. He rules over them all, along with James 'Hawk' Young [UnBeloved by Madeline Sheehan].
I fell for this mysterious and broody character last year, when I decided to pick up Axel, the first book of the Corps Security series by Harper Sloan. As soon as he made an appearance, I was done for. And, as the series progressed, he developed and showed us tiny bits and pieces of himself. Of course, it was never enough and I have been pining for him for over a year, now but soon, SOON, I'll finally get to know him, Maddox Locke, this hero that made me swoon, melt, growl in frustration - he can be very, very pigheaded - and tear up. 

Corps Security series

#1 Axel
#2 Cage
#3 Beck
#3.5 Uncaged
#4 Cooper



Title: Saving Poughkeepsie
Author: Debra Anastasia
Series: Poughkeepsie Brotherhood
Release Date: November 22nd 2014

Synopsis

Beckett Taylor’s quest to be a better man has brought Eve Hartt back into his life, but sometimes it feels like they’re bound together with barbed wire. Though he longs to love her without causing pain, the wreckage of their past continues to crash down around them.

Yet with the help of this brothers—and for his brothers—Beckett won’t stop trying. He’s determined to make them all a family, to make a life they want to live, and to make Poughkeepsie a place that’s safe to live it.

He can feel their futures balanced precariously on his shoulders: Blake and Livia and their children, Cole and Kyle and the new baby they’ve just brought home, and Eve…always Eve. He wants their dreams to be real. But murderers don’t just get Happily Ever After handed to them. They have to wrench it away from Satan himself.

Good thing Beckett is prepared to do just that. After all, saving Poughkeepsie is the only way his story ends.

Prepare your heart and your head for a wild ride in this final installment of the Poughkeepsie Brotherhood series. Debra Anastasia does not disappoint as she weaves the last chapter of a story that blends true love, turbulent emotions, and life’s harsh realities into an uplifting tale that calls to the good in each of us.


Goodreads 


I haven't even read the second book yet, but I'm waiting for the third and final of the Poughkeepsie Brotherhood series. Typical. Of course I'll be reading the second book before the third is out! I need Beckett Taylor, I need as many doses of him as I can get. It breaks my heart that it's only a trilogy but c'est la vie. I still love it, it's among the very few trilogies I actually read and loved. 
This series has it all. Heart-warming scenes, funny ones, oh-shit scenes, hot ones - read, whenever Beckett's mentioned. What can I say? I fell for the pimp, the only one that will never change what and who he is and the one's that is loyal to a fault and will do absolutely anything to protect those he loves. What's not to love about him, really? C'mon, I dare you to read the books and not - at least - chuckle at Beckett's antics. 
 Needless to say, read them. Debra Anastasia's writing is off-the-charts fantastic.

Poughkeepsie Brotherhood series

#1 Poughkeepsie
#2 Return to Poughkeepsie
#3 Saving Poughkeepsie



Title: UnDeserving
Author: Madeline Sheehan
Series: UnDeniable
Release Date: TBA

Synopsis

Warning: This isn’t a love story; it is a tragedy, a cautionary tale about the consequences of forbidden love between two people who tried to defy the rules defined for them and failed.

Damon “Preacher” Fox, vice president of the Silver Demons motorcycle club, has been in prison for club-related crimes. As his release draws near, he begins to reevaluate his choices in life, realizing that if he stays with the club, this wouldn’t be his last stint behind bars.

Suddenly Preacher finds himself doubting everything he’d ever known, wishing for things beyond the club. So when his sentence is up, instead of going back to the club, he embarks on a journey into the unknown. Just him and his motorcycle.

Deborah Reynolds is a sixteen-year-old runaway. Since leaving the clutches of her abusive stepfather and uncaring mother, she has been living on the road, dodging men with less than honorable intentions, fighting for her next meal while searching for meaning in a life she finds painful and pointless.

When Preacher and Deborah’s paths cross, sparks fly. Passion is instantly ignited, and within each other’s arms they find a sense of peace each had been lacking.

But life is about to catch up to Preacher; he can’t hide from the club he’d vowed eternal loyalty to. And Deborah, desperate to keep the one person who’d ever shown her any sort of kindness, finds herself caught between forces far more powerful and deadlier than she could have ever imagined.

The couple has a difficult choice to make. One that could forever change the course of their lives.

This is Preacher and Deborah’s story.


Goodreads 


Boom, baby! This will be a novel, instead of a novella, as it was initially intended. Can't say I'm sorry to hear that. I love Preacher - Hawk, I still love you, babe - and am curious to read about the past, the things that have remained unsaid but need to be revealed. This will be a major piece in the puzzle that is the UnDeniable series, before the major bang, that will be UnDying. Hopefully, that is an intended pun. Really. 
This is an MC series, my very first MC series and I love it. Granted, I don't love all the characters but eh. I recommend it but one must have an open mind and be aware that it can give the feels, every and any kind of feels. From swooning to disgust to you-freaking-bastard etc etc. 

UnDeniable series

#1 UnDeniable
#2 UnBeautifully
#3 UnAttainable
#4 UnBeloved  



Title: Beyond Possession
Author: Kit Rocha
Series: Beyond
Release Date: TBA

Synopsis

Tatiana Stone has worked hard to establish herself as one of Sector Four's most skilled crafters. All she wants is peace--but the sins of her father haunt her. He ruled the sector as a petty tyrant before the O'Kane takeover, and plenty of people harbor bitter memories of his cruelty. Especially now that Tatiana’s beloved baby sister has fallen in with a man who wants to start a revolution.

Zan failed his boss once, and it won't happen again. So when Dallas O'Kane asks him to defuse the rebellion brewing in the sector, he’ll do whatever it takes to get the job done--including seduce Tatiana. It’s the perfect opportunity to get closer to the pretty crafter and complete his mission. But what he discovers is a fiery, passionate woman--and an affair that could destroy them both.


Goodreads 


I cannot say this enough times. There will never be a bad O'Kane book! Okay, and I also say that I'll never say no to an O'Kane book. 
Kit Rocha are amazing - Bree & Donna, BFFs - and they created a world I'd gladly live in, if the world as I know it were to end. This may be a novella, you know, just to keep us over until the next novel, but that, in no way, makes it less important. 
The bouncer gets a woman! I think this will also be the first we'll read of him having sex. Ooooh, is he possessive and won't share - e.g. Bren - or won't say no to an [in]famous O'Kane orgy?
I swear, those orgies... Yeah, read them. 

Beyond series

#1 Beyond Shame
#2 Beyond Control
#3 Beyond Pain
#3.5 Beyond Temptation
#4 Beyond Jealousy
#4.5 Beyond Solitude
#5 Beyond Addiction  








No comments:

Post a Comment