Thursday, August 28, 2014

Complementary Colors ~Adrienne Wilder

 
Synopsis:

My sister Julia manipulated my life into a prison to keep me silent about our dirty family secret. Her greed made me a slave and circumstance left me with no way to escape.

Trapped, the only way I could silence the nightmares driving me to insanity was to wrap them in color, hold them with shadow, and stitch them to negative space with line.

But no matter how bright the pigments, no one could see my confession.

Except for Roy Callahan.

I thought he was just another nameless one-night stand in a long line of many.
But I was wrong. Roy could see past the façade of my life and through the veil color over the canvas. He could see what the world couldn’t.

And with him I’d find the courage to tell the truth about the boy.

The boy who kissed me.
The boy who loved me.
The boy whose name I couldn’t remember





           An apology was no cure for rabies



Do you do those balloon animals too?  Can you make me a tiger?  The repairman magician,  Just repairman  But you made my clothes disappear.

I’m not exactly likable, Fuckable, yes, likable?  Not so much

            Like it?  I think my tongue is having orgasms 

 

------------->REVIEWS<-------------






I went into this book with my eyes hid behind my hands and holding hands in a group support circle.  Angst is not my forte, but so glad I took the plunge.  I loved everything about this book, even though I spent half the TIME looking for the white rabbit.  I was lost in translation, so deeply imbedded in this story I read most of it with my mouth open looking like a guppie!


Paris tugged at my heart strings, and damn was he fucking crazy?  And Julia?  That is one woman I would cunt punch into next year.  Never have I ran across a character that made me wish I had an e-gun so I could put her out of her misery. And then we have sweet Alice, work with me here!  The other sister who is just stands silent watching all this happen.  I had never feels for Paris through out this book.  I was mortified!  I was pissed!  I was hurt! and last I was blessed,  at the opportunity to meet such an amazing, amazing character that I will always think of and never forget.  Thank you Adrienne for giving us Paris!!!! On a mental scale of 1 to 10 this book is a 20.0 and on my review scale, it definitely gets 5 white rabbits



“I’m a thousand pieces of broken colored glass. You throw something like that away. Doing anything else is a waste of time.”




 What are you doing?  Making you a sled. ...... You do origami?  







No comments:

Post a Comment