Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Reviews King of Hearts, Hearts series by L.H. Cosway





Title: King of Hearts
Author: L.H. Cosway
Series: Hearts
Release Date: July 16th 2015


Synopsis


Welcome to the City, London’s most prestigious square mile, where finance reigns and Oliver King is a rising prince.

I used to rule the world.

There might be wolves on Wall Street, but there were crocodiles in Canary Wharf. Some of us craved money. Some of us craved power.

I liked money, and power had its advantages, but what I really wanted was to excel, to surpass the men who came before me. I never cared much for love and romance until I met Alexis.

I could feel it the very moment she walked into the interview, with her outspoken charm and vivacious personality. She cast all the others in shadow, made me laugh when life held no humour. Our friendship should have remained professional, but it wasn’t long before the lines started to blur.

You know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men? Well, I never foresaw where my plans would lead, and only in my darkest hour did I finally see the light…

You can have all the money and prestige in the world and still be the poorest man alive. And love, well, I hate to use a tired old cliché, but love can be the thing that truly sets you free.



Buy Links

Kobo 


Author Bio



L.H. Cosway has a BA in English Literature and Greek and Roman Civilisation, and an MA in Postcolonial Literature. She lives in Dublin city. Her inspiration to write comes from music. Her favourite things in life include writing stories, vintage clothing, dark cabaret music, food, musical comedy, and of course, books.

She thinks that imperfect people are the most interesting kind. They tell the best stories.



Books by L.H. Cosway


Hearts series



Six of Hearts #1

Hearts of Fire #2

King of Hearts #3 --- COMING JULY 16TH

  Hearts of Blue #4 --- TBA




Painted Faces series



 Painted Faces #1

Killer Queen #2





The Ultimate Power series



Tegan's Blood #1

Tegan's Return #2

Tegan's Magic #3

Tegan's Power #4





Florence Vaine series



A Strange Fire #1

A Vision of Green #2





Standalones




The Hooker and the Hermit [with Penny Reid]



The Nature of Cruelty



Still Life with Strings

  
Reviews


Shanda


I am starting to think L.H. Cosway can’t write a bad book. I adore her writing it is fresh and unique. I love that her couples all have a slow burn romance. The friendships blooming into love with crazy hot sexual tension are something I can count on with her books.

Now it has been said you can read KoH as a standalone but I don’t recommend it. You are missing a lot of what King goes through after he falls for Alexis if you skip Hearts of Fire. I was fascinated by him in HoF, and it made the story better getting to see him at his lowest.

Even though King’s story is sad and tragic the beginning was funny, light, and full of passion. I absolutely adored King and Alexis. Alexis was amazing, she was funny, smart, and the perfect balance to King. The funny banter and the little lie between them was hilarious. I loved how strong Alexis was after the devastating events with King. She didn’t falter she just picked up and moved on without a pity party.

King was different than I expected. He was a businessman that was beyond driven to succeed but I wasn't expecting him to be such a smartass. His fun nature was there but Alexis helped bring it out more. I think Alexis came into his life at a good time. I liked that he was playful and funny with her. You can see early on with the stress of his career that alcohol was going to be a problem for him no matter how is life ended up. I think Alexis is who he needed to keep the balance for him. I didn’t really understand King’s reactions in the events that separated him from Alexis. It seemed like a really extreme reaction. While I get that he was scared it didn’t seem reasonable to me that he disappeared for that long. He lost out on so much because he dove for the bottle and buried his head in the sand.

This series is truly fantastic. I love everything about it. Humor, heart, passion, mystery, and love.I am really looking forward to the next book Hearts of Blue. I’m sure it won’t disappoint.

4.5 stars


Amy


We first met Oliver King in Hearts of Fire. King is a drunken mess, but we've no idea what got him there and there is the mystery of Alexis as well.

King of Hearts starts when Oliver and Alexis first meet and the story progresses from there. Alexis is hired to be King's personal assistant and they develop a friendship, that eventually turns to more. Their "more" is short-lived due to the circumstances that cause Oliver to become the hot mess we witness in Hearts of Fire. Without giving away spoilers, Oliver flees his life, making no contact with Alexis.....and boy does he miss out because of it!

Fast forward six years, when Alexis is contacted by Lille via a letter about King. Alexis has never stopped hoping that she would find King again, but she isn't prepared for what she finds. Over the course of several weeks, King and Alexis re-connect. She explains what happened when he fled that night and he is flabbergasted by her explanations. There are a couple other things that King isn't aware of, but let me just say, he completely shines when the last secret is revealed. Their story was heartbreaking at times and King's road to recovery was difficult at times, but it was definitely worth the journey.

4.5 stars


Iza


Oh, this book!

Once again, it was a hit. Oliver's story pulled at my heartstrings, it gave me all the feels and, while I kept on reading to find out who, what, where and how, I also didn't want it to end.

We get to know about Oliver's past and the woman in the photo he treasures. Now, Alexis is a woman after my own heart. I love her! She's funny and speaks her mind - even when she shouldn't - and she makes Oliver fall head-over-heels for her. You go, girl!

But, unfortunately, appearances are deceiving because, while Oliver used to be a successful and career-driven man, he had a nasty secret; one that could ruin everything. And it did.

But not quite.

Yes, I am leaving it at that. You need to read the book to understand what I'm talking about because, really, it's one of the best books written this year.

I love L.H. Cosway's style and I can't wait for more! We get a glimpse of the future couple in this one!

Needless to say, reading about Jack again was also a big plus but I still would have rated it 5 stars.  
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment