Wednesday, June 18, 2014

REVIEW ~ DESTRUCTIVE By JESSICA PRINCE




    DESTRUCTIVE 
JESSICA PRINCE

Men cause nothing but pain.

I live my life by these five words. For me, they have always proven to be true. Men have only brought hurt and suffering my entire life, leaving nothing but devastation in their wake.

I fear them. I hate them.

Until him.

Gabriel forced his way into my life, ripping down the walls I’ve built around myself. He wants me, and he’ll stop at nothing to have me. I should be terrified of what he makes me feel. So why do I crave him anyway?I see the red flags and warning signs, but I just can’t help myself. I’m his obsession. I thought he was my salvation. But now I know his love could destroy me.






I'm a wife, mother, wino, coffee addict and avid a lover of all types of books, but romances are my main favs. My husband likes to say reading is my obsession but I just say it's my passion... there's a difference.

I've been writing since I was a little kid and I finally decided to take the leap and actually publish when Picking up the Pieces came to me. Now that I've been bitten by the writing bug I just can't seem to stop. 














                                              

MY REVIEW
~ REBECCA 

I adored this book on so many levels I don't know where to start.

I'm a fan of this authors series 'Picking up the Pieces' ~ one of the reasons being the banter and relationships between the characters, both main and secondary ~ and Jessica has done that once again, incredibly well, in Destructive.

Carmen in particular made me smile and laugh, no matter where I was, especially when she meets the tall, well built Aldo!!


"So is the Italian stereotype true? Are you hung like a horse?" ~ Carmen 

"The dude's a beast, it would be like God playing a cruel joke on the world if he was carrying around a cocktail weenie in his pants." ~ Carmen 

"Oh come on! Like you weren't thinking it. I bet I could blow this guy without even getting on my knees." ~ Carmen 




Gabriel is a sexy asshole - I wanted to throttle him and fuck him all at the same time!!!!!

Marley is shaped by events in her childhood but Gabriel is a determined sexy Italian who knocks those walls down and reaches her. She's no pushover though and the back and forth between them is entertaining and well written.

Destructive is a different read from Jessica's previous books and I think her best yet - her growth as an author is plain to see in this one and she has a gift.

If you are a Tarentino fan then you'll enjoy the way this book ties everything together in unexpected ways at the end that make you think 'damn, yes of course'!!

It's a trilogy, so be warned, there's a cliffy ending - but this in no way detracts from the book, it makes total sense.

A damned bloody good book and I can`t wait for the next..........




BUY LINKS:






                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment