Saturday, June 28, 2014

TAUT: The Ford Book (Rook and Ronin Spinoff) by J A Huss





Title: TAUT: The Ford Book
Author: J A Huss
Series: Rook & Ronin spin-off
Release Date: January 20th 2014




Synopsis

Ford Aston is known for many things. Being an emotionless, messed up bastard, a freakishly smart social outcast, and a cold, domineering master who keeps "pets" instead of girlfriends.

And after Rook broke his heart, he plans to keep it that way.

Ashleigh is known for nothing, and that's exactly what she's got going for her. She's broke, stranded in the mountains with a three month old baby, and Ford Aston is screwing with her head.

Big. Time.

And she plans to mess with his right back.

It's a coy game at first, filled with flirting, and innuendo--but Ford soon realizes something is not quite right with Ashleigh. In fact, something is seriously, seriously wrong and the closer they get to their final destination, the closer Ford gets to the truth.

One night of devastation, self-loathing, and emptiness turns into the best thing that ever happened to Ford Aston. But one day of in-your-face reality threatens Ashleigh's whole existence.



Buy Links

Barnes&Noble 


Author Bio



JA Huss is the author of the Amazon bestselling Rook and Ronin series, the epic science fiction I Am Just Junco series, and hundreds of kid-friendly science books in subjects such as biology, physics, anatomy and physiology, astronomy, and forensics. She has an undergraduate degree in equine science and a master’s degree in forensic toxicology. She has never taken a creative writing class and she hopes she never will. 

Website
Facebook
Blog


Review



"I want a strong one. I want one who will keep up, challenge me, help me reach my full potential. And yes, I'd like to tie her up and slap her ass during sex, make her beg for me, have her submit herself fully - let me own her in private."

  Shame on you, Ford Aston. Shame on you for making me fall deeper in love with you! It wasn't enough that I broke a cardinal rule of mine for you when I first met you in the Rook & Ronin trilogy. Oh no. You just HAD to show a side of yourself that I didn't think you possessed.

Joking aside, I liked it. As I mentioned above, I got to see a sensitive side of Ford's, one that shows that yes, he can feel and yes, he does care. 


"Kate squirms and I pat her back. She's already got me trained. If she wiggles a little she can get a part of the human condition we all crave. Intimacy and love." <--- I mean really, Ford and a baby?!  


But what made me throw in the towel was,
"I like you. I want to keep you." Who do you think he says this to? That's right, Kate, the baby. Fucking Ford. 



Ashleigh, the baby's mom was kinda frustrating but I sorta had a hunch what she was after. I'm not happy to say that I was right. I was a little bit teary-eyed. Alright, I was crushed.

So, 4 stars for this one. Why? Well, I was a little bit disappointed in the ending. Well, not the ending, per se, but the execution of it. It was... too abrupt. But I guess I am thankful it's a HEA. And that Fucking Ford got over Rook.

I highly recommend this book.

"You're like crazy sexy, Ford. And all this weird shit you do, that just adds to it. I'm not sure why, but I like your strangeness. It's real. And it drives me a little wild." ~ Ashleigh



No comments:

Post a Comment