Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Review Talon, Ashes & Embers series by Carian Cole




Title: Talon
Author: Carian Cole
Series: Ashes & Embers
Release Date: November 24th 2015

Synopsis

DESCRIBE YOUR IDEAL PARTNER:

Caring. Hard-working. A devoted family man, loves kids.
Clean cut, funny, smart, quiet, but a good communicator.

~ Asia Jenson

DESCRIBE YOUR IDEAL PARTNER:

Independent. Tall, blonde, sexy. Outgoing. Intelligent,
neat. Unslutty. Confident. Loves to travel. Committed.

~ Talon Valentine

A SOCIAL EXPERIMENT.

The concept was scary but exciting...

Marry a total stranger.

Live together for six months.

Journal everything. (Feelings. Fights. All of it.)

After six months, we each get $50K in trade for our journals, whether we stay married or not. But the goal is to commit to the experience and see if the relationship experts could put together the perfect matches.

I have never been lucky in love. This was my chance to find my soulmate.

I couldn’t wait to meet the man the experts felt was perfect for me.

My hopes were immediately dashed when I saw him at the altar.

Shit. I married my worst nightmare.

Right?!

** can be read as a stand-alone! **



Buy Links



Review by Iza

This book's cover caught my eye, a while back. So did the blurb. It wasn't out yet, so I forgot about it. Until a friend shared the fact that it's on sale. I asked her which of the four in this series does she recommend, she told me Talon and Vandal. I went with the first.

What a nice surprise it was! I loved the idea of the book, the plot was something I haven't encountered before. Maybe something similar is out there, who knows, I haven't read anything like it so, it was new for me.

The beginning was a little bit slow for me, the hero's kind of an a-hole, but the writing is good, it pulls you in and you have to keep on reading! Because seriously, I HAD to see when shall the mighty fall!

And oh, did he fall hard! Talon has completely captured my heart because he's such a sweetheart! And you know, the fact that I liked the heroine was also a major plus! Kudos for Ms. Cole for coming up with this story.

So yes, 5 stars, it shall be reread because oh, the feels! And it may even be purchased in paperback format. Easier to reread it that way.

P.S. I cannot wait for the upcoming books in this series! They're going to be good! 


Author Bio

I have a passion for the bad boys, those covered in tattoos, sexy smirks, ripped jeans, fast cars, motorcycles and of course, the sweet girls that try to tame them and win their hearts. My debut series, Ashes & Embers, follows the lives of rock band members as they find, and sometimes lose, the loves of their lives.

My first novel in the Ashes & Embers series, Storm, was published in September of 2014, with several more of this series planned throughout 2015 and 2016.

Born and raised a Jersey girl, I now reside in beautiful New Hampshire with my husband and our multitude of furry pets and spend most of my time writing, reading, and vacuuming.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment