Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Review Climbing Out, Hawks MC series by Lila Rose





Title: Climbing Out (Hawks Motorcycle Club #2)
Author: Lila Rose
Release: May 27, 2014




Synopsis


Deanna Drake has a past she longs to forget, but won't ever be able to. She's always been the tough one. No one, but her best friend Zara has ever been able to penetrate her cold, hard, shell.

Until Griz

Griz— a.k.a Grady Daniels, Hawks Motorcycle Club second in command, also has a past that he wishes he could undo...all except one part.


It's her past that brings them together. Only will it be forever?

Goodreads 


Buy Links

Amazon US 
Amazon UK 
Amazon CA 
Barnes&Noble 
Kobo 


Author Bio




Lila Rose has moved about Australia a lot of her life. Now she lives in country Victoria Australia with her husband and two children. When she isn't writing she's helping her husband with the family business. Lila has always dabbled in writing, though, only recently her debut novel Holding Out was released on December 4th 2013. 


Be sure to keep an eye out for more from the Hawks Motorcycle Club series, coming soon!



Teasers


Holding Out [Book 1]






“I was Deanna Drake, and I didn’t let anyone tell me what to do.”

Really, really liked it! Loved it!

We met Deanna and Griz in Holding Out, the first book of the series. I, for one, fell for both of them and knew their relationship would be a whirlwind because they are both stubborn. Plus, Deanna has an attitude that few can match and her nickname, ‘Hell Mouth’ kinda says it all. She’s in-your-face, blunt and tells it as she sees it. She cusses but only when the kids aren’t around.

Griz. He’s the older, rugged biker with a secret. He has an ex with a lot of problems and issues but there’s more to it than that. I won’t say what, I don’t want to spoil it. Whatever it is, believe me, it’s not something one expects. Griz is a loyal brother, he’s the VP of the Hawks MC and he has had a thing for crazy Deanna since he first laid eyes on her. I wanted to smack him upside the head that it took him so long to realize that it was inevitable for him to try and forget all about her. Deanna is not a person one could forget. Nope, she makes a lasting impression.

“Whether she liked or not, that someone was me.” This after he came to his senses.

But once he gets over their age difference – blah, blah, blah if you ask me – he goes in hard. He’s naughty and could make a nun blush.

“I want you to fuck my face, darlin’.”

I like seeing how things are between Talon and Zara; Julian and Mattie are still together and in love. Speaking of Julian, he cracks me up, especially with his nicknames and pet names.

“Shit. Oh… damn. I need a fan or I need to come.” Julian sighed and leaned back in his chair.

This has more hot scenes than the first book, De and Grady/Griz are really good together, even though they come to blows, at times and there was this one scene where I really would have clobbered Griz for being an ass. But he redeems himself, especially at the end.

Can’t wait for more!

“I lifted my head to see yet another fuckin’ silent conversation was going on. I was sure this one said in their caveman ways, She’ll need more protection, with a response of, I’m on it. Ugg, ugg, grunt, fart and groan.”


If you like a storyline that’s funny, sarcastic, yet hot and has some action-packed scenes, as well, read this book because you won’t be sorry.4 1/2 stars.

***Copy given by the author in exchange of honest review***


Giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment