Thursday, December 25, 2014

Series Review Monster in His Eyes by J.M. Darhower





Title: Monster in His Eyes
Author: J.M. Darhower
Series: Monster in His Eyes
Release Date: April 27th 2014


Synopsis

Ignazio Vitale is not a good man.

I suspect it, the first time I see him, sense the air of danger that surrounds the man. He has a way of commanding attention, of taking control, of knowing what I'm thinking before I even do.

It's alarming and alluring. It's dark and deadly. It's everything I've ever wanted but the last thing I truly need. Obsession.

It doesn't take him long to draw me into his web, charming me into his bed and trapping me in his life, a life I know nothing about until it's too late. He has secrets, secrets I can't fathom, secrets that make it so I can't walk away, no matter how much I beg him to let me go. I see it sometimes in his eyes, a darkness that's both terrifying and thrilling. He's a monster, wrapped up in a pretty package, and what I find when I unmask him changes everything.

I want to hate him.

Sometimes, I do.

But it doesn't stop me from loving him, too.
  


Buy Links


Review

"He set out to destroy me, but he fell in love with me instead.
I fell in love with him, and that's what destroyed me in the end."


Oh. My. God.

Wow.

I stay away from dark[er] books. At least, I used to. But thanks to a friend, that changed.

To tell the truth, I expected this to be something else. I don't know, maybe him to be a psycho, or whacked or whatever. Cold-blooded. Heartless.

Nope.

I was pulled into the story from the very beginning. I was so curious to see who, what, where and how that I had to keep on going. I love the style, loved the heroine and the storyline. I also love Naz. As I said, I expected him to be cold, to be a bastard. I had a hunch about a thing or two he did for a living - come to think of it, we still don't know *what* he considers 'work', but we did manage to find out something important about him.

Due to the prologue, I kept waiting for the bang of the story, you know? That part that takes your breath away, when everything changes, in the blink of an eye. It was a boom. Or, as a friend said, KABOOM. Naz killed me. My heart broke for him, but I also understood Karissa.

Anyway, the ending was whoa and I'll dive into the second book to see what else happens.

Five stars. Brilliant. I started reading the book because I saw that the hero is older than the heroine. Well, I love older guys/heroes, so I gave the book a try. No regrets. 



Title: Torture to Her Soul
Author: J.M. Darhower
Series: Monster in His Eyes
Release Date: September 29th 2014


Synopsis

Don't say it unless you mean it…

It's a simple concept, one I've said time and again, but something people don't seem to comprehend. You should choose every syllable carefully, because you never know when somebody will hold you to your word.

Somebody like me.

I'm not a good man. I'm not. I know. I have enough darkness inside of me to rid the world of every stitch of light. But there's one I could never harm, one light I couldn't bring myself to snuff out.

Karissa.

She thinks I'm a monster, and maybe I am. I taunt her with my touch, get a thrill out of torturing her soul. But I'm not the only one. The world is full of monsters, and I'm not the most dangerous one out there.

Not even close…

God help me, I love her.

I do.

And God help anyone who tries to take her from me.


Buy Links


Review

Holy wow. Ho-lee wow!

First, you know it's a good book when you don't want to put it down. You know it's a good book when you can't stop thinking about it, while you're at work, and can't wait to get home to read it. You also know you're a freaking goner for the hero when you can't stop thinking about him.

Writing this part in his POV was the best damn thing Ms. Darhower had done. I liked reading Monster in His Eyes through Karissa's POV, but by getting to read this in Naz's, we got to learn so much more about him, FROM him that I'm thinking about it, I can't shake the feelings and emotions I had, while reading. I smiled, I melted, I got pissed and I cried. My heart broke for him, for all he went through, for all he lost, and for how he had to live his life. It was a big FU from fate that he fell for Karissa.

Betrayal. Love. Passion. Scorching hot scenes. This books has them all.

You'd think this man deserves nothing, for he is a cold-blooded murderer, he has no conscience, he shouldn't have anything beautiful.

On the contrary, he deserves it that much more. He deserves everything good there is.

"I love every inch of you," I tell her. "Every part of your body that makes you nervous gives me pleasure. I see no flaws, nothing for you to be ashamed of or humiliated over... nothing you should hide from me. I've seen it all, and I love it. You're beautiful, baby."

Now, where the heck do I get a Naz? Sign me up! NOW!

This book was also an eye-opener. I've actually come to terms with the fact that I fell for a murderer and I regret nothing. Absolutely nothing.

"We're all monsters, when it comes down to it."

Amen. 5 stars. Hats off, one of the best books and series I've read this year. 


Author Bio

J.M. Darhower is the author of the Sempre series, Sempre and Sempre: Redemption, Made, Monster in His Eyes series, Monster in His Eyes and Torture to Her Soul, and the Extinguish series, Extinguish and Reignite. 


By:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment