Thursday, July 21, 2016

Five Reasons You Should Totally Read Say No to Joe? by Lori Foster





Ooooh, this is an old fave! One I've read maybe eight years ago - or more - after I came across an old paperback in our local library. It's a book I'll always love and here's why you should read Say No to Joe? by Lori Foster.


#1. Luna. I know I usually start with the hero - I'll get to him in a sec - but Luna, she's near-and-dear to me, one of my all-time fave heroines. She dances to the beat of her own drum. She's awesome. She's slightly eccentric and doesn't care what others say or think about her. She's a chameleon character but she's loyal and selfless. Hence why Joe wants her that bad. 

#2. Joe. He makes brief appearances in his cousins' books - where he meets Luna and hits on her but she won't give him the time of day - but we get to meet him, properly, in this one. We get to know him and his secrets. He's funny, protective, alpha. Mmmm, he's really perfect. Oh and he's a mature character, in his late thirties. 

#3. Writing style. Ms. Foster writes the kind of romance that will never go out of style. No, it's not old-school but more romance than erotica. Certainly not smut, just really sexy. I mean some scenes with Joe... Hoo boy!

#4. Story. It has it all. Hot hero, awesome heroine, sexy scenes, funny ones. Then you have the scenes where Luna is too stubborn to stay put and Joe goes all growly and grumpy. 

#5. The title. Pure genius! I mean really, you see it and of course you get curious and want to read it because how can you say no to Joe? Especially after you read the previous four reasons. You really can't go wrong with it. Thirteen years later, it's still being read. That should also be a hint at how good it is!



1 comment:

  1. That about sums it up! The book is great and both Luna and Joe are characters! I wholeheartedly agree -- always a fun read that makes me sigh and smile.

    ReplyDelete