Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Reviews Catnip & Cauldrons trilogy by Autumn Jones Lake





Title: Onyx Night
Author: Autumn Jones Lake
Series: Catnip & Cauldrons
Release Date: October 31st 2016


Synopsis

Onyx Knight has yearned to leave her tiny hometown behind for years. With her parents' support she attends the local university where she has developed a not-so-innocent crush on her Medieval History professor, Cole Radcliffe.

A family tragedy thrusts Onyx into a secret world she never knew existed and she discovers something about herself she could never have imagined. Family friends promise to help Onyx through this transition, but they demand certain things in return. Things she can't--and will not--give. When it becomes clear they are willing to get what they want from her by force, Onyx goes on the run.

Cole Radcliffe has his own secrets. When he finds Onyx in need of help, he takes her in, against his better judgment. He plans to keep her safe, but how can he keep her safe if he can't even protect her from himself?

Previously published with Breathless Press in 2012, this is a new expanded version published in 2016.



Buy Link



Review by Iza

I love AJL's Lost Kings MC series and I love PNR, so I had to give this one a try.

Onyx Night is the first of a trilogy. We get to meet the characters, learn their backgrounds. It's a fast-paced and very steamy novella. So if you love shifters, insta-love and hot scenes, this book's for you.

I'm curious about what happens next and yes, I'm a fan of Cole's.

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book. My rating is 3.5 - 4 stars.



  
Title: Onyx Shadows
Author: Autumn Jones Lake
Series: Catnip & Cauldrons
Release Date: November 14th 2016


Synopsis

While vacationing in Rome with her wizard boyfriend Cole, Onyx Knight meets someone like her—a werecat who refused a forced mating.

Kipp says she's not alone. Werecats all over are coming out of the shadows of tradition and striking out on their own. With the belief that joining forces can benefit everyone, Kipp encourages Onyx and Cole to join their group.

At first Onyx is thrilled to be among fellow shifters, but the tension in the group is overwhelming. Are they really all on the same side?

The more Onyx learns about the werecats, the more danger she places herself in. When one of their group goes missing, it will take more than magic to get her back.

ONYX SHADOWS is the second book in the Catnip and Cauldrons series. It is a continuation of the first book, ONYX NIGHT and contains a high degree of sensuality.



Buy Link



Review by Iza

"You're everything," he whispered."

Major swooning happened with this book! Cole was amazing *insert many hearts* Don't tell Wrath, though.

This one isn't as fast-paced as book 1; it's a more laid-back one. The story line just flows, there's enough drama to make you want more - there was a time or two I wanted to smack one particular character, if you'll read it you'll understand.

Cole takes Nyx on a trip to Rome - I know, right? - and there they meet another cat shifter, thus finding out quite a lot of things about the shifter community that they didn't know. They decide to join other cats' cause; others that refused to obey the elders' rules by mating with whomever they chose.

Of course that there are hot scenes - it's AJL we're talking about; swoon-worthy ones - oh, Cole; and scenes where I was biting my nails - hoo boy, my heart could barely take it!

If I wasn't clear enough with everything I wrote so far, I'll write it down now: I loved it! I need more! Book 3 can't get into my grubby hands soon enough!

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book. I'm rating 4.5 - 5 stars and I do recommend it to any PNR lover.
 


  
  
Title: Feral Escape
Author: Autumn Jones Lake
Series: Catnip & Cauldrons
Release Date: November 30th 2016


Synopsis

Cat-shifter on the run, Molly has been captured, imprisoned and is near-death when Ivan rescues her. The mysterious and aloof lynx-shifter is deeply irresistible to Molly.

Ivan has vowed to never get involved with a shifter again, but the more time he and Molly spend together, the more he questions his old beliefs.

Rescuing Molly is only the beginning. The danger Molly and the rest of the runaway cat-shifters have managed to elude is closing in on them fast. Ivan is committed to protecting Molly from all threats. Ivan's past comes back to bite him when his old enforcer friend tells him he's been hired to bring Molly in. When he refuses to turn Molly over to the ruthless enforcers, they both become prey.



Buy link



Review by Iza

 We've met Ivan in the previous book. He took a liking to Nyx - much to Cole's annoyance - but then switched his attentions to Molly. I'm hoping you've already read book two and know that it ends with Molly being kidnapped.

So of course this one starts with everyone looking for her. But there's no trace of Molly anywhere. The cat shifters have to resort to magic in order to get some clues of her whereabouts and Ivan is the only one that figures it out. Take a wild guess why! *giggle*

I myself have taken a liking to Ivan because he was different from the others; his characters was built differently, I'm thinking because he's a lynx shifter, which in itself implies he's bigger and more badass than the rest. Don't take me wrong, I still love Cole but there's just something about Ivan...

Anyway, I like that things aren't dragged out; no extra drama added to the search. Ivan finds her, saves her and keeps her in his hidden lair. But it's not all solved, what with the shifters wanting her - hence the kidnapping - and will do anything to get her, dead or alive.

There was a time or two Ivan was frustrating - communication is key, that's all I'm saying - but the ending is a happy one, so that's all I'm after. I liked this one, all in all - book two is still my fave though - and I'm rating it 4 stars. I voluntarily reviewed an ARC copy of this book and recommend the entire trilogy to any PNR lover. 



Author Bio

Autumn is the author of the popular Lost Kings MC series. She prefers to write her romances on the classier side of dirty, and she's a sucker for a filthy-talking, demanding alpha male hero. The bigger the better.

Her past lives include baking cookies, slinging shoes, and practicing law. She's an active member of her local chapter of Romance Writers of America.

Autumn was born and raised in upstate New York. She still enjoys all four seasons there with her very own alpha hero and their dogs.


Website 
Goodreads 
Facebook 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment