I still don't know how it happened. One minute I was arguing with my arrogant competitor--our usual trash-talk over who deserves the larger commission. But somehow I went from throwing down to kneeling down...
It can never happen again. I don't even like Braht. He's too slick. He's a manipulating mansplaining party boy in preppy clothes.
So why can't I get him out of my head?
There are two things I know without question. One: Ash and I are destined for each other. Two: never trust a man with a unibrow.
Ash is my missing my piece. She's the sweet cream to my gourmet espresso. And nothing gets me going faster than her contempt for me. They don't call her the Ashkicker for nothing.
Eventually I'll win her over...if my past doesn't ruin everything first.
Five Reasons why you should read this book
by Stephanie GooglyEyes
1) Ash- She's strong, knows what she wants (or doesn't want), she's competitive, and shes absolutely HILARIOUS. She has this "gallows humor' she uses and it works for her. Her humor may be on the darker side, but she is far from being a negative person. Even with the threats of her past coming for her, she doesn't drop her shit on someone else's doormat.
2) Braht- ((don't worry everyone, it's his last name)) He may come off as a playboy and a metrosexual (which this is true) but don't mistake that for a weakness.
"It's the guy who has a firm grip on his man card that can hold your purse. He's not afraid to be seen with that Tory Burch you like to carry- nice color, by the way. He'll free up your hands, and he remembers all the terrific things you can use them for."
He knows who he is and apparently what women want/need, and he's not afraid to show it to the woman he loves <3 He will stick up for Ash, but will back down when he feels he is stepping on her toes. He loves it when she gets bossy and competitive.
3) Camaraderie- This group of friends are the kind of friends you want to have IRL.
One text from Ash to her girls:
"It's not day drinking if it's brunch." So I text, naturally: BRYNN WE NEED BRUNCH.
Brynn responds: I've already got the bacon in the oven. This sounds serious. I'll whip up some cream puffs and mimosas."
And all three ladies show up to discuss what is happening in their lives. They're the best of friends, and while things are very serious, they seem to know how to lift each other up.
4) The writing- I have talked about the characters and how ridiculously funny they are, but the writing itself is great. It's silly, yes, but it's a good silly. Not overly childish, and it is something I can relate to more now in my 30's than I could have in my 20's.
5) The HFN and the wonders that will be book 3. I am pretty sure it is going to be about Sadie.
This is our psychiatrist friend with 1 year old twins, who has found out some bad news. I also wonder if/how Brahts younger brother, Bramly, will play in. I thought maybe there would be something between him and Sadie, but it turns out she has the wrong body parts for him. I would LOOOVE a story about him if it ends up to be mainly about Sadie. I am also wondering who her Man Toy will be!? ((Hey, i am not saying that's the title of book 3, as it hasn't even been announced, but how funny would it be? and also, its the characters words, not mine!))
4.5* Sassy Stars
BUY THE BOOK