Wednesday, April 1, 2015

BUDDY READ & REVIEW~ Crash & Burn by Abi Roux Reviewed by Cheryl and Toni

*****This is a dual Review for a Facebook group 2015 Reading Challenge****






It’s been five years since Special Agents Ty Grady and Zane Garrett first worked 
together to solve the Tri-State murders, and time has been both harsh and kind. Engaged now, they face the challenge of planning
 a deeply uncertain future together. Zane is at the pinnacle of his career with one 
last mystery to solve, while Ty is at sea in a world where he’s no longer the tip of a spear.
There’s just one more hurdle in the way of their happy ever 
after: a traitor from their inner circle who threatens 
to burn their world to the ground.
Squeezed between the Vega cartel, an unknown mole, 
and too many alphabet agencies to count, Ty and Zane must gather 
all their strength and resources to beat the longest odds they’ve
 ever faced. To make it out alive, they’ll need help from every friend 
they’ve got. Even the friends who might betray their trust. 






I really did not want start this book,  I really did not want it to end.  These guys are who sparked a fire in my M/M interest 2 years ago.  Ty and Zane really are dear to my heart,  they grasped hold to my heartstrings and NEVER let go.  
This book was a near perfect ending to their story, although I felt a whole lot better after reading the Brick & Mortar  snippet at the very end of this book.  (So don't stop after author notes or you will miss some wonderful.)
Abi had an all star cast in this final hoorah for Ty & Zane, and I actual MAY like Liam Bell eventually!  And we can never get enough of Grandpa Chester (well, I can't),  The wedding so down right tear jerking, so get the tissues because Zane is right on point and Ty...well he's Ty, no explanation necessary.

Over half my Kindle is highlighted with all the one liners, candor and banter that Ty and crew are known for,  have a list of fav's that I will post.

All good things have to come to an end but I was not looking forward to...



GREAT REVIEW CHERYL. I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAID.




Crash & Burn (Cut & Run, #9)

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Reading this book is definitely bittersweet. If you're like me, you have loved and battled and felt every up and down with these men. Crash & Burn is suppose to be the final installment of the Cut & Run series. I sure won't be mad if it isn't, but if it is, it was an excellent way to go out.

All the characters from every book in the Cut & Run Universe including side books and spin offs are present. Be prepared for lots of reveals. Many people are not who we thought they were. It's very secret spy ops. Also ready yourself to loose some characters. Who's good/bad/alive/dead?

Crazy Chester is there filling in some laughs and of course all the other men with that dry sense of humor they have. I got emotional several times from all the deep friendships, bromances and romance. Yes, I did have tears. Some of the moments are a sad experience, some are touching and some we have been wanting for so long.

Crash & Burn's action is off the charts. While reading, I kept thinking, this has got to be made into a movie. There are guns, bombs, fighting, knives, bad guys everywhere...

Sex scenes don't dominate this storyline, but the ones that happen are extra steamy. I read so much that sadly sex scenes just run together sometimes, but I was undeniably all tingly while reading these.

Ty & Zane are my favorite couple ever. I really hope that they have more books or parts in the spin offs. Sometimes when I think of them, I just love them so much that I feel like I can't stand it. A series like this one doesn't come along every day. Nine books in and the audience is still captivated. Any Cut & Run fan is sure to devour this book as well as anyone looking for an exciting, suspenseful, mysterious, thrilling ride with a big helping of heart.


"You know I'd follow you anywhere. Even if it's straight to Hell."

"I need you to be my brother again."
"I don't know how to be me without it."

"I love you."
"And I'm too stubborn to let you die without me."

5+ stars






No comments:

Post a Comment