Friday, March 4, 2016

Review Sweet Hope, Sweet Home/Carillo Boys series by Tillie Cole





Title: Sweet Hope
Author: Tillie Cole
Series: Sweet Home & Carillo Brothers
Release Date: March 29th 2015


Synopsis

My name is Ally Prince and I've always been unlucky in love. I don’t know why, I just always… have.

When all of my best friends were falling for their soul mates in College, I was left behind. I was Ally, the pretty cousin of superstar quarterback, Romeo Prince. I was Ally, the best friend to the most amazing group of girls I've ever known—a title I loved, but one I became tired of 'just' being. And I was Ally, the one on which they could all rely.

But to me, I was Ally, the girl with the heart no one had claimed... And I was, Ally, the girl, who underneath it all, was heart-breakingly lonely.

I LOVE love; the thought of it, the nervous excitement of falling for Mr. Right, the desire of someone becoming my entire world... of me becoming theirs. I’ve always wanted passion, heart-stopping, epic, life-changing romance... I’ve always wanted the fairytale… I’ve always wanted it all.

It just never seemed like I would get it.

For the past few years I've thrown myself into my career as a museum curator. I’m the best of the best, the person every museum wants to hire, so when an opportunity came up to move to Seattle, I jumped at the chance. My cousin and my best friend lived in Seattle and I needed a change.

I needed a new beginning.

I wasn't expecting to meet anyone in the Emerald City. I wasn't expecting to work closely with the reclusive new sculptor my all-important gallery design was centered around. And I certainly wasn't expecting to fall for him... heart-stopping, epic, life-changing love...
My real life fairytale come true.

But, like in every fairytale, there’s a villain, a dark and tortured soul... I just didn't know that the villain and the hero in my story would end up being one and the same.

New Adult Romance Novel—contains adult content, sexual situations and mature topics. Suited for ages 18 and up.



Buy Links

Kobo 


Review by Iza

Yes, I am late to the party. In my defense, I wasn't ready for it. I mean, after reading The Hades Hangmen series... Flame's book... You know how those are. You have got to know that Tillie can easily crush you. She can gut you.

"He was living, breathing poetry. Not love poetry, the poetry which tears out your heart, rips it to shreds, pushes it back into your chest, and makes you question what the hell just obliterated your soul?"

 
I'd use this paragraph to describe this book - and another, for sure - by Tillie.

A little bit about the story, before I get lost in the heartache of it. The main characters from Sweet Hope have made previous appearances. While a very good friend kept telling me to read book 3 before this, I just couldn't resist the temptation of Sweet Hope. The blurb, the teasers made me curious, yet also scared. But I finally did it. I finally picked up the book and met these awesome characters. I was never confused, once. I wasn't left scratching my head, because I haven't read the previous book, to get a background on these characters. To be honest, the details I got from this, the flashbacks Axel had... They crushed me.

"You're not the villain in this story, you're the beautiful flawed hero."

I cannot agree with that sentence more.

Ally is awesome. I absolutely loved her. I loved her passion for Elpidio's work, I loved how she managed to tame the beast. Not fully, because really, Axel Carillo has to be a little bit bad to be good.

I'm not going to get started on praising Axel Carillo, this broken man that had to grow up too fast; this man that was forced to do things, take decisions that would impact not only him, but everyone he loved. It's not easy to take this type of decisions. But he did. And even though he failed, he lived with the consequences. We can see a growth of Axel, throughout the book.

"Axel sagged against Levi as he completely fell apart and Levi, feeling this, sat back and cradled Axel in his arms. Their roles suddenly switched."

Seeing him strong for so many years, seeing him reconnect with his brothers... Seeing him fall in love with Ally, the slow process...

"She gave this cold heart of mine life. She gave it light. She was its fucking rhythmic beat."

"(...) but with you... I feel... I feel... everything, every-fucking-thing... right here..." I pressed her hand harder against my heart."

Yeah, so I lied. I had to get into details about Axel. Can you blame me?

I loved this book, if you haven't gathered by now from the ode I nearly wrote above. I'll be rereading it because it's a fave of this year. Axel? He's a fave book boyfriend, as well. 5 stars.  



Author Bio

Amazon & USA Today Best Selling Author, Tillie Cole, is a Northern girl through and through. 
She combines her passion for anything camp and glittery with her love of humour and dark brooding men (most often muscled and tattooed – they’re her weakness!). She also has a serious side (believe it or not!) and loves to immerse herself in the complex study of World Religions, History and Cultural Studies and creates fantasy stories that enable her to thread serious issues and topics into her writing -- yep, there's more to this girl than profanity and sparkles!

 Website 


Books by Tillie


Sweet Home series

Sweet Home #1
Sweet Rome #1.5
Sweet Fall #2 [Carillo Boys #1]
Sweet Hope #3 [Carillo Boys #2]
Sweet Soul #4 [Carillo Boys #3]


Scarred Souls series

Razed #1
Reap #2


 Hades Hangmen series

 It Ain't Me, Babe #1
Heart Recaptured #2
Souls Unfractured #3


Standalone

Eternally North
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment