Monday, January 2, 2017

Review Passion & Venom, Venom trilogy by S Williams





Title: Passion & Venom
Author: S Williams
Series: Venom trilogy
Release Date: September 12th 2016


Synopsis

Imagine this:
Your husband is murdered on your wedding day.
Your gown is soiled in his blood.
You are taken hostage…
Treated like a caged animal.
The man behind your husband’s murder is revealed.
His name is Draco Molina.
Draco has power. Respect. Wealth.
He is a savage beast of a man - dominant in every way.
Soon after, he makes you an offer that you can’t refuse.
All you have do is submit to him, and in return you won’t be punished.
He will reward you handsomely.
But if you disobey, you must be prepared to face the consequences.
What do you do when the most wanted man in the world . . . wants you?



Buy Link



Review by Iza

There are times when I surprise myself by venturing out of my reading comfort zone and tackle a book that is dark and I don't know what to expect of it.

I love Shanora Williams' writing style - and the cover and blurb drew me in - so, dark or not, I jumped into this one. Oh and it's part a trilogy - that means, it ends in a cliffhanger. Not a huge fan of those, so it's double the challenge.

Now, besides a couple of scenes that were hard to read, I have to say I really liked the book.

The heroine, Gianna, gets kidnapped right on her wedding day and taken to El Jefe. Now the twist is that, El Jefe knows Gianna.

And I'm pretty sure he's falling for her.

But of course he has to be a major jerk and mofo throughout the book, pissing me off with this and that, making me root for Gianna - who, by the way, kicks ass because she's strong. Never once does she abandon the hope or idea of getting away from her kidnapper, not even caring if she gets killed.

But El Jefe has a soft spot for her - we get a glimpse of it, I'm hoping there will be more in the next books - so she stays alive.

Let me tell you, the ending is good. Makes me eager to get my hands on book two and see what else will happen because El Jefe is NOT a good guy. He's an anti-hero, he's the bad guy and you bet many are gunning for him. I just hope my heart can take whatever will happen in the next two books.

4.5 stars. 


Author Bio


Shanora Williams is a twenty-something that creates authentic romantic stories that, may or may not, make you question what a "Happily Ever After" truly is. After hitting the New York Times and USA Today bestsellers list at the mere age of nineteen, Shanora ventured further into the creative writing world, working even harder to create unique and memorable romances for all to enjoy.
She currently resides in Waxhaw, North Carolina and is the mother of one amazing boy, in love with her devoted man, and a sister to eleven.
When she isn't writing, she's spending time with her family, binge reading, or running marathons on Netflix while scarfing down anything sweet and salty. She also writes under the pen name S. Q. Williams.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment