Thursday, January 21, 2016

RELEASE DAY BLITZ & REVIEWS - SKETCH by Laramie Briscoe







My name is Devin, but everybody calls me Sketch. I opened my own tattoo shop two years ago, and I’ve finally gotten to the point where I’m going to be able to give my wife everything she’s ever wanted. I’m going to be able to take time off and spend a day a week with her. In fact, tonight, I stopped and grabbed some wine, got her flowers, and those chocolates she likes. 

What I wasn’t prepared for was to be met at the front door by her carrying her sh*t out. 

She loves me, but she’s not in love with me anymore. What kind of bulls*it excuse is that? I’ve left her alone too often, I’ve been completely focused on one goal, and apparently she’s sick of waiting. 

So here I stand. Half the man I was, p*ssed as f*ck, because while I was busy making a better life for us, she was under the impression I was leaving her lonely. I know one day she’ll see what I’ve been doing has been for us, and when that day comes… She can damn well come crawling back to me.




A Tattoo Artist - A Husband - An Alpha Male Who Makes No Excuses






ARE: 
http://bit.ly/SketchARE
Amazon: 
http://amzn.to/1jVGjHv
Amazon UK - 
http://bit.ly/SketchUK
Amazon AUS - 
http://bit.ly/SketchAUS
Amazon CA - 
http://bit.ly/SketchCA
Barnes & Noble: 
http://bit.ly/SketchBN
Google Play: 
http://bit.ly/SketchGPL
iBooks: 
http://bit.ly/SketchIB
Kobo: 
http://bit.ly/SketchKB


For a sneak peak of the Prologue & Chapter 1 -
http://bit.ly/LBSketch



5 stars
"She loves me, but she’s not in love with me anymore. What kind of bulls*it excuse is that? I’ve left her alone too often, I’ve been completely focused on one goal, and apparently she’s sick of waiting. 

So here I stand. Half the man I was, p*ssed as f*ck, because while I was busy making a better life for us, she was under the impression I was leaving her lonely. I know one day she’ll see what I’ve been doing has been for us, and when that day comes… She can damn well come crawling back to me."


Devin, better known as Sketch, is the owner of a very successful tattoo shop that he built up while his marriage was breaking down...and he didn't even know it. Nina, his wife, and one true love since their teenage years, is tired of being a kept woman and feeling emotionally rejected so she does what she feels is best and walks out on her marriage and files for divorce.

I liked this story. A lot. It was emotional. It was sad. It was love. It was real life. This is one of those books I've been waiting to read. The one that isn't an insta-love, or boy meets girl; boy and girl fall for each other and live happily ever after. Nope. This was a book that was written years after that moment in time when shit gets real and life happens. The characters were well written and you could feel the emotions running through them.

Sketch tore me up. He was a shattered soul who did what he had to do to keep his mind from self destruction. He became a jerk to Nina to hold himself together while still loving her with all his heart and remaining faithful in the hope that they could piece their marriage back together. I loved him for this reason. Nina was  a woman whose husband worked hard and was damn good at what he did, thus creating a very comfortable life for her and giving her the nicer things in life so she wouldn't go without. Except the one thing Nina desperately needed and the money couldn't buy; physical and emotional connection. So she left. I respected her for this reason.

If you're looking for a book that has a big climactic event like a stalker, or dangerous situation that makes the two characters realize they're in love and make a big display of a happily ever after...you're probably not finding that here. This is a book focused on what happens after the honeymoon is over.

This book was given to me as an ARC for an honest review. But honestly, you'll get nothing less from me in one of my reviews.


 
3 stars
 
The premise of this story had great potential: man's wife leaves him after feeling neglected for years. I was hoping to get a lot of that gritty emotion of their separation, but that didn't happen. It's not that the story was bad, it's just that it could have been so much more. Both Devin and Nina had some growing up to do, and I think this situation helped with that aspect. I like that the story comes full circle for both of them. It was an okay tale that had the potential for more depth.

ARC received from author for my honest review
 
 
3 stars

I loved the premise of this book, Sketch is about a couple that have been together for 14 years. They have grown apart and Nina has decided to leave Sketch because she feels he is more concerned about his job than her. Sketch needed to be the man, the provider, protector, and give Nina the world but his wife didn’t get that. It seemed to me that Nina was a spoiled child and I couldn’t connect with her. She turned to spending money and pampering herself because she couldn’t get what she wanted from Sketch. I really didn’t side with her in the story; I felt she could have made an effort to understand her husband and what he was trying to do. While I think Sketch could have put in more effort with this wife at times they both lost the ability to communicate effectively.

I think I needed more depth to enjoy this story. I think that if we could have had some more background on them as a couple, maybe a few scenes in the past I could have invested in them more. If the author had shown some stuff leading to the breakup rather than telling me I think that would have helped also. I did find some of this story enjoyable but the writing came off as a little choppy so it didn’t flow well for me.
 
Copy provided by the author in exchange for review



Laramie Briscoe is the best-selling author of the Heaven Hill Series & the Rockin' Country Series.
Since self-publishing her first book in May of 2013, Laramie Briscoe has published over 10 books. She's appeared on the Top 100 Bestselling E-books Lists on iBooks, Amazon Kindle, Kobo, and Barnes & Noble. She's been called "a very young Maya Banks" (Amazon reviewer) and her books have been accused of being "sexy, family-oriented, romances with heart".

When she's not writing alpha males who seriously love their women, she loves spending time with friends, reading, and marathoning shows on her DVR. Married to her high school sweetheart, Laramie lives in Bowling Green, KY with her husband (the Travel Coordinator) and a sometimes crazy cat named Beau.


Every day during release week you will find a new giveaway on Laramie's facebook page. Be sure to hop over and enter to win any one of the amazing prizes she will be giving away!






No comments:

Post a Comment