Monday, November 10, 2014

Tour Stop MC Chronicles: The Diary of Bink Cummings Vol 1 by Bink Cummings



I'm a biker, and I'm a woman, who was raised by my biker family. 

Growing up an MC brat, I've known nothing but leather, booze, club whores, comradery, and bikes, my entire life. 
My name is Eva "Bink" Cummings, and this is my story. 
How at the ripe old age of thirty, with no husband, no kids, and being a part of a motorcycle club. Things aren't always what they appear to be. I've found out the hard way, that your life, in an instant, can be flipped upside down. And the people you know and love aren't always what they seem. 

Steamy Adult romance 
Warning: Contains Mature scenarios, and mass quantities of profanity. For Ages 18+ 

This is not a Stand Alone, Vol 2 will be released Feb 2015









I'm a biker, and I'm a woman, who was raised by my biker family the Sacred Sinners. Growing up an MC brat, I've known nothing but leather, booze, club whores, comradery, and bikes,my entire life. My name is Eva "Bink" Cummings,and this is my story. How at the ripe old age of thirty, with no husband, no kids, and being a part of a motorcycle club. Things aren't always what they appear to be. I've found out the hard way, that your life, in an instant, can be flipped upside down. And the people you know and love aren't always what they seem.




Review


First let me state I received this book as an ARC to review.
You must go into this book with an open mind. This book isn't like a standard fictional story. It's based on the happenings of a woman who grew up in a MC. My impression of the writing is this wasn't written by a seasoned author. That's not to say it was written poorly, but much of this book is written like you are actually reading parts of her journal or diary. Many times the author writes in a way that you feel like it's a letter addressed to you; she asks the readers questions or puts comments out there that make it feel more like you're speaking to her.
Now onto the story of the book. "Bink" is a VERY strong minded woman. I like that shit. She doesn't allow people to dump on her or tell her how she's supposed to act. She has a non-existent relationship with her mom, her dad is the VP of the club and her brothers are members also. She has acquired much deserved respect from all the "brothers" and an extra special dose of it from the President of the club, "Big Dick". I know, I LOL'd when I read that for the first time too! But apparently he was given this name because he has a nine inch long club (fully loaded for bear) to back up the claim. You can feel the special connection right from the beginning between these two and as you read on you realize how much she's needed him all her life and he's been there for her. That's not to say the guy's not a "Big Dick"! If half the stuff Bink wrote about in this book really happened, it would've been hard for me not to shove my combat boot up his ass! There's some scenes in this book that will make you wanna take a cold shower, there's some scenes that are kinda sweet, and there are some scenes in this book that will make you wanna gargle with bleach and keep the hand sanitizer nearby...... kitchen, two brothers, one club whore, red Solo cup. All I'm sayin'.
There are parts of this book that I had to really question how much reality vs fiction was written into it just to keep it interesting. Bink has her own Harley that she lovingly named Black Betty which was painted with pink accents and rhinestones on the seat. That is fully believable. What had me questioning things was when she was saying how every time she rides it she has an orgasm, sometimes multiple, from the rumble of it! I know Harley's are pretty awesome and I know the rumble they produce is a feeling all its own, but I hope there aren't women out there riding these by themselves or riding bitch and all having orgasms! I drive a lot on the same roads these women are on. I don't wanna be thinking that's what's going on when I pass one on the road. But then again, hey; if that's the effect they have, maybe I SHOULD be riding one!  And now I have to, just HAVE to come back to Big Dick and that nickname. Nine inches, huh? I've heard of those things before. I hear they're out there. Just never caught one on film myself. I'm not from Missouri, but I tend to be a show me kinda gal! Again, all I'm saying. The only thing that could've made this funnier for me is if two of the brothers would've been nicknamed Lefty and Righty.
Overall once I got my mind wrapped around the fact that I was not reading your typical fictional story, I did get into the book. It did seem to drag in some places, but I got past that. I will say there's a pretty big cliffie at the end. Not like someone got shot and now you have to wait to see if they die or not. But it just leaves you with the overall thought of 'now I have to read the next installment to see how this turns out' kind of cliffhanger.
On a five star rating scale I'd give this 3.5 - 4 stars (hows 3.75 sound to ya?)  and say I am looking forward to book two. Bear in mind I rarely give 5 stars because I have to be absolutely, unequivocally in love with everything about the writing, grammar, storyline and characters to do that.







Releasing February 2, 2015

Amazon Amazon CA Amazon UK Amazon AU




HOSTED BY:
EJ Button

No comments:

Post a Comment