Thursday, July 28, 2016

Five Reasons You Should Totally Read The Game Plan by Kristen Callihan





Raise your hands if you've read The Game Plan by Kristen Callihan! Wasn't it awesome? Wasn't it just the best? It certainly was for me, one of my faves of last year. I absolutely loved the story, the characters and especially Ethan Dexter. Mmmmm! 

Now, if you haven't read this amazing book, here's why you totally should. 


#1. Yes, as it seems I'm bound to, I am starting with the hero of the story. Now, I find I have eclectic tastes in just about anything, including book boyfriends. I love the redeemable a-holes, the broken ones that just need to come to my bosom and of course, the swoon-worthy guys-next-door. Ethan Dexter, the hero of this story, is the latter. Except you'd never tell because a) he's a famous football player, b) he's big, bad and bearded and c) he's quiet, shy. Of course, he comes off as scary but he's just the biggest softy that you cannot help but love! 

#2. Our kick-ass heroine, Fiona MacKenzie. She's a girl after my own heart. She has spunk, she tells it like it is. Or at least, she tries to. Thing is, she doesn't really know what she wants to do with her life, that's why she tries it all. And that's another thing I like about her. Even though these pseudo-dreams of hers don't last, she always starts off on a new quest with new strength and passion. After all, how do you know you've found what you were looking for, what's good for you, if you don't give it your all?

#3. The plot. It's perfect. I love the beginning, the middle and the ending. I love how our main characters reconnect - they've known each other for quite some time but nothing ever happened - and then the process of them falling for each other. There's just the right amount of drama, nothing over the top or ridiculous to make you roll your eyes. Perfect, I'm telling you.

#4. The style. Pulls you right in. Flows with ease and I fell in love with it. It's funny, it's heartbreaking, it's swoon-worthy. My favorite style.

#5. Of course I have to mention the range of feels one gets when reading The Game Plan! As I said, it's funny - Fi will crack you up, and Dex's friends are a hoot; it's sexy - Dex will surprise you; it will pull at your heartstrings. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll be rereading this really soon! 


So, go and get your hands on Dex and see why I'm so crazy about him and this book! He's just the sweetest *sigh*



 

No comments:

Post a Comment