Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Review Beautiful Broken Promises, Broken series by Kimberly Lauren





Title: Beautiful Broken Promises
Author: Kimberly Lauren
Series: Broken
Publication Date: May 27th 2014




Synopsis

THIS IS A total STAND-ALONE NOVEL. No need to read the first two books in the series to enjoy this book. This is not a dark romance.

Every day you stay gone
I die a thousand more deaths 


  Lane Parker has secrets he hasn’t even told his closest friends. He may have earned their respect but it’s undeserved. He may seem genuine but he’s a total fraud. He may look strong, but on the inside he’s weak and drowning with no chance of catching his breath any time soon.

After four years, Lane finally gets the call he’s been waiting for. Given back a piece of the life he’s been fighting so hard to reclaim, will he be able to handle everything that comes along with it? And if so, can all of his broken promises be redeemed?


So, I don’t give up and I won’t let them win
I will find you and I will make sure that you know
You’re my everything


New Adult Contemporary Romance: strong language and sexual content. This novel is intended for those 18 years and older.




Buy Link



Author Bio


I'm a wanderer, an adventurer, a traveler.

I want to see it all. I haven't been everywhere but it's on my list.

"She travels the world & home is always in her heart."

Lately if I'm not traveling or chasing a toddler, I'm writing. Which is weird because I hated writing in college. Oh wait, that's because that was boring. Who really wants to sit there and cite all your sources into APA format? Not this girl. Writing for yourself is enjoyable and cathartic. Please try it. Then tell me about because I love indie authors.

I'm a Texas girl, who misses living in Europe!

Hope you enjoy my books! xoxo KL



Books in the Broken series

Beautiful Broken Rules #1
Beautiful Broken Mess#2
Beautiful Broken Promises #3


Review

We’ve met Lane in the previous book, Beautiful Broken Mess. He’s Audrey’s best friend.

Now, he’s been intriguing and mysterious in that one. Apparently carefree and laid-back, he had me curious to know more about him. In this one, we find out he had secrets only a select few knew about and it had to do with his past, a previous life but one he’s been clinging onto, not wanting to let go. Something precious to him has been taken away and he wants it back. He literally fights to get it back.
And he does. But he gets more than he expected and it turns his life upside down.
Now, I don’t want to give anything away so I won’t elaborate the above mentioned things, I’ll leave it as is. Why? Because with one spoiler, I could give away something and you’ll have to read it to find out for yourself. Why? Because this book is full of emotions and feelings and acceptance. It’s about not giving up, fighting until your last breath to get something you really want. In the end of it all, Lane came out as a champion and he got his HEA.
I like that we see how the previous characters are doing, how they’re continuing their HEAs. It wasn’t drawn out – which I’m truly thankful for – and there was no major drama. The beginning keeps you on your toes but after that, it mellows down and you’re all ‘awwww’.

4 ½ stars for a book/series I enjoy reading. I’m curious to see where it’s headed. Hopefully, the tattoo artist, Max, gets his book. *Max is a character from the previous book, Beautiful Broken Mess*

**Copy given by the author in exchange of honest review**
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment