Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Addicted to You by Krista & Becca Ritchie








Where do I begin??  Addicted to You by Krista & Becca Ritchie is perfect. 

Let me give you a little backdrop. From the outside Lo and Lily appear to have everything they want, they have a friendship that most people pray for but are never lucky enough to find, and they also come from affluent families.  Within this friendship they hide secrets from the rest of the world, particularly their families.  Lo is an alcoholic and Lily is sex addict.  For years they’ve been able to hide these addictions from everyone.  They've formed this bubble that as become an addictions within itself.  (a Lo and Lily addiction - maybe a LoLily??)

The writing is ablso-freakin-lutely amazing.  The storyline alone is unique, but how the authors tell the story is brilliant. The details and description of the need and pull for their ‘drug’ is so real.  You can feel the addiction taking hold of us, as the reader, and needing the fix for our body.  I just cannot give enough praise to how it was just simply, beautifully written.


“I told him it feels like someone is burying my head under the sand and pulling my limbs so tight they become taught rubber bands, waiting to be snapped and released. The cravings feel like drowning and being lit on fire at the same time.”

“I like the high, the rush, and how it seemed to fill an emptiness that kept growing inside of me”




It is one of the books you cannot read fast enough because you need to see what is going to happen.  It’s a heartbreakingly real book.  The relationship between Lo and Lily is so natural and beautiful and destructive. 

“I want to love you more than I love this’ ----‘and I don’t know how else to do it unless there’s something to lose”

“The let me try,’ ‘Let me try to be enough for you”



There is a questions I started to ask myself, is their love and friendship enough or will it destroy them?  The two of them are certainly trying to protect one another, but they have real addictions, so it's not as easy as wanting it they have to figure out the how to do it.  And have they become addicted to each other just as much as they are addicted to sex or alcohol....so will they help other or hurt each other. 

This is a must read.  Its not a cliffhanger, but it leaves you needing more right away. Ricochet is novella which is availbale now and Addicted for Now will be released on November 30th. 

Available at:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble


~ Rachel 



No comments:

Post a Comment