Saturday, November 30, 2013

Elect (Eagle Elite, #2) by Rachel Van Dyken


Would you die for the one you love?
Nixon Abandonato made his choice. And now he has to pay the price. Tracey is the love of his life, but being with him has made her a target of his family's enemies. The only way to keep Trace alive is convince the world she means nothing to him.

Trace Rooks has fallen irrevocably in love with the son of her family's sworn rival, and she knows in her bones nothing can tear them apart. Until Nix suddenly pushes her away and into the arms of his best friend... But Trace isn't ready to give up on a future with Nix--and if he won't fight for them, she will.

In the end, a sacrifice must be made. A life for a life. For what better way to cover a multitude of sins than with the blood of a sinner . .
 
**************************************************************************************

 Received this as an ARC an let me just say...ho-lee $*** batman!

My mind is still reeling!! Just when you thought you had it figured out a new twist to the plot is added. I am not even sure where to start my review, so I will begin with this...

The story is told through Nixon, Chase, and Phoenix' s perspectives. Which to me adds to a thicker plot, especially with Phoenix's story added in.

"Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future"


That quote really says A LOT about this book and each of the characters.
Nixon Abandonato

Nixon, if I could describe him in one word it would be "selfless". To me he is one of the most ultimate BBF' s.
He doesn't have a selfish bone in his body, and to me that is the ultimate act of love. He truly is one of my all time favorite characters.


"All it takes is one kiss. One kiss can save you. One kiss can ruin you. And my kisses? They better ruin you, Trace."
Chase Winters

Chase, loyal, protective, and a great sense of humor. But when it comes to love, he is quite selfish or maybe it is desperation. I can't fault him for it and I truly do love his character. He plays a vital role now and will continue to do so in the next book. I see a lot of growing and changing to come for him.

This book ends in a big ole Chase cliffhanger. I must say, I saw it coming...not quite to the effect we were left with, but it certainly was there. I. Can't. Wait!

"Because you forget, and regardless of the outcome, your success was in the journey."
Phoenix DeLang

As for Phoenix, this book was his journey to redemption, absolution, and sacrifice. You get to go on his journey into the forced life he had and how it came to be and why he ended up the way he did. You really see him grow and he does end up making the ultimate sacrifice to end all wars and finally bring peace to all 5 families.




I don't often give 5 stars, but this book was just "it" for me. The writing is perfect and I found the story to be very deep. I cannot even count how many highlights I have in this book, but I can't wait to go back through them.

This book, to me, definitely earns a 5 "pistol whipping" stars ;)

Bravo, Rachel, on such a fantastic book!!

No comments:

Post a Comment